News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Seelyville IN Patriots day weekend

Started by Brown, April 23, 2013, 08:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Brown

Saturday morning brought 5 shooters out to brave the sudden cold temps and VERY soggy ground. it was a small group but VERY attentive and listened closely during the history.
Ian joined us for his second Appleseed and this time dad came along to shoot also HUZZAH! Eric did quite well operating that CZ boltie.
Sandy and Paul came as experienced shooters but I think both of them picked up a point or two. Josh could only join us for the first half of the day on Saturday but we sure did enjoy having him there with us. Fine young man he is.

Taking on the redcoats in the am

Josh is zeroing in those 5 squares

Paul and Sandy get down to business

Everyone learns the chicken wing!

Father and son engage the 100yd redcoats

Ian rings the 4" steel!!
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Panhead Paul

Thanks for the great weekend.  I want to come back and do it again, only I want to earn a rifleman badge. 

Going to fix up the sights on my 10/22 first, shooting all that .223 can seem to get costly.

Thanks again for all the help you gave us Brown, lunch lady, brianheeter and uncle davie.

Uncle Davey

Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

brianheeter

It was a small group but definitely worth the time.  Sandy, you made me feel like a rockstar the way you were listening to me give the 2nd Strike.  I thought I was the greatest storyteller in all the world!  But it turns out the history is just that important to you.  That's even better!  Paul, I'm glad to hear you'll be back.  Definitely get that 10/22 working and don't shoot up your stash of .223...save that for the zombie apocalypse!  Eric and Ian, just like I love seeing husbands and wives sharing the line I love seeing fathers and sons side by side learning about their heritage and improving their marksmanship.  I hope to see you both again.  Josh, I feel cheated!  I only got to spend Saturday morning with you.  I hope that you can make it back for a full weekend with us.

Thanks to Lost Creek Conservation Club and Ron who was a great host and made sure we had what we needed.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Uncle Davey

Yes! Big thumbs up to Ron..he was an excellent host!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.