News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA April 20-21 2013

Started by Lagboy, April 23, 2013, 03:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagboy

The weather for this weekend's shoot was wonderful, but slightly warmer for this time of year which could be an ominous indicator of the "pleasant" temperatures expected for our summer shoots.

Saturday started with 24 participants who came out to learn rifle marksmanship and American Heritage, but as always safety rules were covered first, and I must say the instructors did a fantastic job in relaying this most important information.

The course of fire proceeded then we paused at 11:30am for lunch. The three strikes were told amidst the breeze which started to pick up, and were completed with enough time to prep for the Patriots Day Memorial Volley.
During prep time two quotes were read that are as relevant today as the time they were written. 

"As long as the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.... If virtue and knowledge are diffused among the people, they will never be enslaved. This will be their great security." ~ Samuel Adams, 1779

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it." ~ John Adams 1777

At 1:00 pm we honored the memories of those Americans who made the decision to risk life and limb, so their posterity would be able to live free like they always have in a Patriots Day Memorial Volley. There were a handful of people who got off their porch this weekend at Sac Valley to learn the events of April 19th 1775, who were joined by thousands of others across the country paying tribute to those who paid the ultimate price that day.

The day was completed with two AQTs, and the presentation of young patriot patches were awarded to the youth who were very safe and had great attitudes.

On Sunday the day started with a review of lessons learned on Saturday. We broke for lunch at noon and heard the tales of dangerous old men and determined dames. Also, we had an encore presentation of "White Cockade" performed by Joey and his trusty fiddle.
After lunch the AQT grind commenced. Instructors were instructing and shooters were shooting. Although there were no new riflemen made this weekend it was awesome to see group sizes shrink and AQT scores increase.
So,  hope to see you all back out here again and breaking that 210 barrier. ^:)^

In conclusion, I would like to thank all the participants who came out this weekend and also the Sac Valley instructor corp. you guy are absolutely awesome and you make being a shootboss too easy.

Best Regards,
Scott V. Moore, AKA Lagboy.  ~~:)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Vinnie

189 Photos from Saturday:

64 Photos from Sunday:

Thank You to WALTER for the Great Job on the VIDEO Work!!
               Thank You to JOEY for the "White Cockade" Fiddle Music!!

~Vinnie

Missy

Missy

Wow- I love love love that video! Brought a tear to my eye.

Lagboy

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Vinnie

Quote from: Missy on April 23, 2013, 08:35:43 PM
Wow- I love love love that video! Brought a tear to my eye.
Quote from: Lagboy on April 24, 2013, 02:01:34 AM
Wow Vinnie!!! Great video!!!

Thanks!  I shot the raw videos on my cell phone, but Walter :cool2: did all of the editing and made it into the finished product.  And, Joey's fiddle gives it a great feeling and helps it all work together.    ~Vinnie

Neve

It couldn't have been a more beautiful weekend for all those patriots to gather under the same sun to learn about our history and heritage! Thanks to Lagboy for running this wonderful shoot, the instructors for doing such a great job and to the students for meeting us out there and having a great time! Also a special thanks to Vinnie and Walter for the pictures and that amazing video, it was very well done! I look forward to seeing you all again very soon!

Mike

Mikeys Gal

Yes, Yes, and Yes!  The video and pictures were well done.  Thanks Vinnie and Walter for the great culmination to a great weekend.  We truly are blessed to be able to share in these great opportunities!

Zivanka <><