News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI April 20-21, 2013

Started by Miki, April 22, 2013, 11:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki

WOW, what a weekend. We had a blast. We had shooters on the line ranging in age from 6 to 74! The energy shown by the shooter was amazing. The teachable attitudes were a joy to behold. I don't recall a shoot where I have seen as many smiles. Our young shooters have some really nice targets showing tight groups to show Mom when they get home.

I think this may be a first for AS, not sure. While we didn't have any new riflemen (or women [we did have a lot knocking on the door]) what we did have is a hat of every color! A new blue hat, Punk, a new orange hat, MichiganFlyer, a new red hat, Whippet and a new green hat, Caliper!

I'll post pics later. Just as soon as I track down the right cable which seems to be hiding at the moment. Y'all chime in with comments and pics.

D.O.M.

What a weekend! New (some Brand New) shooters kept us really busy. What progress they made! It was really rewarding to see groups shrinking like they did. There were some veteran Appleseed attendees that were knocking at the door. It was good to see you back again. Your persistence is paying off.
It was a fine weekend for volunteer promotions as well. I'm just so bursting with joy at being able to work with some of the finest people on the planet. Both Fly-Boy and I were worn out tired at the end of it all, but what a GOOD worn out tired!

Here's looking forward to seeing all our attendees at another event! (and bring your friends!)
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Miki

Quote from: American Amazon on April 25, 2013, 11:52:06 AM
OMG!  I had posted in the Castro Valley, CA AAR about having 3 new hats, green, red, and orange, and threw down the gauntlet as to whether any other location could "hit for the cycle" and beat our "hat trick".  But it looks like the gauntlet bounced and hit me right in the head, since you'd already done it!

CONGRATULATIONS on all the new hats - and congrats to all the people wearin' 'em!

-American Amazon of the Castro Valley Contingent

Posting here the same response I posed to the AAR for the Castro Valley shoot.

Thank you American Amazon. (I was going to see your hat trick and raise you a blue hat, but you beat me to it.) EIGHT riflemen WOW! You win. Gracefully conceded.  :bow:

I will point out that Fenton, MI got off to a great start with the first AS there being Shoot Bossed by CA's very own JohnnyAppleseed. Without that start what happened last weekend would not have happened. Thank you JA and CA! We're all in this together and you helped us a LOT!  ^:)^

Respectfully,
Miki