News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Hinckley, MN -- April 20-21, 2013

Started by AFTERMATH, April 22, 2013, 11:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Still kicking the snow off my boots....  Stay tuned.  :pop:
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

JOEMORGAN

Lots of wintery weather....it was fun thou....

and some pics.......
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

AFTERMATH

Wintery indeed!

After being dumped on with snow the night before, the optimistic shoot boss filled his car with a couple of shovels and some high hopes and headed out Friday evening - to get the range ready for the next morning. 
Just as he expected, he found it would be near impossible to even pull his little car into the drive - totally impossible was prospect of getting his car back out of there before spring...  In MN, that's still several months away. %)

I had recruited a local gent, Eric, who was interested in shooting that weekend.  The weekend before, he had offered to come up and help clean and set things up on Friday night.  That was before we received another 18 inches of snow.  As I sat in my car surveying the situation, he and a friend pulled up right on time.  Driving his truck right in to the range in what I thought was surely a one-way ticket to the snow blown abyss.  Fortunately, it wasn't. 

As we all shoved our way through the knee-high or better snow and drift, we came to the realization that shoveling out the 200 ft drive, parking area and firing line would prove to be a fool's errand as there was not enough daylight hours between then and the beginning of the shoot the next morning.

After assessing the situation, I made contact with Corey, Hinckley Conservation Club's range officer and inquired as to whether he had a snow blower.  He did one better.  A tractor and plow was just what was needed. 

As the sun made it's final decent below the horizon.  The drive, parking and firing line were clear.  Paths could be touched up in the morning. 

The regulars began their march, the alarm was spread and the men of Massachusetts were getting ready for the assault.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]