News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA April 20-21, 2013

Started by EZ3, April 22, 2013, 09:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Ten patriotic Americans turned out in some Winterseed-type weather this past weekend for two action-packed days of American history and marksmanship instruction.  Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club is hosting Project Appleseed again this year, and we appreciate their hospitality.

Saturday started out downright chilly, and pretty much stayed that way.  There was a significant wind chill factor, and even some occasional snow flurries!  This didn't deter our intrepid band of students, however, as they absorbed the instruction like sponges and their group sizes shrank.  The AQT at the end of the day whetted their appetites for Sunday.

Sunday started out chilly, but soon the sun came out and the coats started coming off.  By the time we moved up to the 200-yd range at 2PM, most of us were down to shirtsleeves.  After the students punished the steel at 100 and 200 yards for about an hour and a half, we moved back into the "AQT grind".  Trevor re-qualified with a 212, Steven fell one shot short with a 204, and a few other shooters were on the threshold and banging on the door.

Use those practice targets, guys, and come shoot with us again!  Your Rifleman patch awaits!   :~
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Houseofmoto

Great time!  I will be back again after practicing on the 1" squares and making some more adjustments. Appreciated all the guys who let me shoot their Garand and M1A on the steel. Very memorable weekend and I learned a lot.  Now I need to persist so a patch can be earned.