News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 20-21 April

Started by Engineer shooting, April 22, 2013, 09:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

What a great weekend to tell the story of Isaac Davis and the other numerous patriots. 50 % of the new shooters went home riflemen! Isaac Davis Memorial Range gained another Blue hat thanks Charlie.

The instructors did their usual excellent job as proven by the students improvement.

Special Note: Student Massage Therapist Sonia set up on the grounds both Saturday and Sunday, and offered free massage to attendees. We wondered for a while if we had lost one or two from the line, but it proved only temporary, and all returned with renewed vigor and sharpened attention. And their targets proved it. Looks like the massage therapy was appreciated by everyone, and Sonia agreed to return for the next shoot. She is certainly welcomed back, and we hope that becomes a regular feature of the Isaac Davis Range. Now that's Applecore at work!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

AdobeWalls

Truth was, all students were good shots who brought their own strengths to the Appleseed line. It was not possible to tell or guess who would be first to earn a Rifleman badge -- all were clearly candidates. Yet an Expert score on the AQT involves more than simple marksmanship. All students were able to greatly reduce the size of their groups, as they incorporated pieces of the instruction. We spent a significant amount of time shooting squares, aim small miss small, interspersed with several varieties of NPOA-intensive targets. Instructors were able to spend a great deal of time working with individual students, frequently carding sights, and it seemed to work well. This was the best group of shooters I ever worked with.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Tomblin

The designated Appleseed range in Tallahassee may not have running water, electricity, or permanent shade yet (donations gladly accepted), but this weekends shoot did have FREE MASSAGES!!!

I promise Wi-fi & hot towels next shoot...

At least some of the shooters were "ruffing it"...

This is what we refer to as "shoot boss discretion"...

Charlie, our newest Blue Hat!

Sly223

You Rookie SB, !@#)
You are makin' us look bad! :-[
Massages really! ^:)^
That ain't rouffin' it! :slap:

p.s. how can i get her on my line? ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Mr Pete

Not quite what I envision when I say, "take a consistent and relaxed position."

IAO now stands for Improvise, Adapt and Oh yeah...right there...I think it is a knot in my shoulder...

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

sean_shoot_here

Wow! That looks like a nice shoot.  I wish I had been there.   Oh wait, I was, and it was!

Thanks to all who made it possible.  I look forward to next time.

Sean.

Alchemist

We had a great shoot our inaugural Hurlburt AFB location but THAT setup looks FINE!

I see a road trip in my immediate future!  I think I spotted a perfect place for the virgin daiquiri stand off to the left of the line!

Massages?  You guys know how to do it with style!

Thanks for the loan of Tomblin.  That was a huge help.

Alchemist

AdobeWalls

Our Shoot Boss was willing to do whatever it takes to make sure there are no muzzle sweeps during transition stages at the Isaac Davis Range! Talk about improvising . . .
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

BrianB

No rain, and an on site masseuse?  I went to the wrong Appleseed!!

Can't wait to see everyone and try on my Orange Hat next month!

-Brian B.

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

alkeford

Thata awesome, can  we have her # and do yo think she will come Myakka,Fl this weekend ???
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.