News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Ramseur, NC 4/20/2013

Started by Sadman, April 22, 2013, 08:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadman

The weather in Ramseur was very nice this weekend.  Even though we had threatening storms roaming through the Carolinas Friday night, we had a crisp mornings with temperatures coming out of the low 40s rising up well past 60 both days.  The wind stayed calm for the most part only having a few occasional gusts to keep the shooters on their toes (and for some reason it only seemed to blow when the shooters were in the standing position).

We had a total of 35 shooters on Saturday and 30 on Sunday.  The ages of the participants were from 8 to 74!  The participants were all very attentive enthusiastic about the event.  As the morning passed by it was a lot of fun to hear participants say things like "That loop sling makes a world of difference" followed a bit later in the morning by "This NPOA stuff is awesome!"  The strikes were equally well received on Saturday, being presented by Bob, The Beard, and Sadman.

The Liberty Volley was a real treat this year and the BBB posters were a big hit with the group.  The first few names of the Liberty Volley had a bit of a ragged volley feel to it but by the time the 4th name was read the participants were right in sync with the Fire command.

I am always humbled by the instructor crew in Ramseur and I always learn from their example.  One of our instructors showed up for Appleseed in spite of what I would call significant personal challenges.  You know who you are, thank you for your committment!  Thank you all!  Goliath did a great job with his 10/22 clinic Sunday morning.  The 10/22 clinic was followed by the M1 Garand clinic by Hawkeye (which has now achieved somewhat legendary status!), and then 7.62BBQ covered the KD talk up on the BEAUTIFUL 500 yard range in Ramseur.  I won't call out every instructor here but you all have my sincere appreciation!

On to the results!  We had a total of 10 riflemen scores this weekend and I couldn't be more proud of all the participants.  Not only did we have 10 riflemen we also had two individuals who stepped up to take an instructor hat.

Once again, my sincere thanks and gratitude to all of the Appleseed participants and instructors this weekend.

Post those pictures if you have em!!!  If you get a chance to give us a "like" on Facebook it helps us spread the word! https://www.facebook.com/NorthCarolinaProjectAppleseed

LKNPatriot

Thanks to all the staff for a great time this weekend!  I've done this a couple times now, so I have a handle on the shooting side of things, and I found myself enjoying the 3 Strikes more than ever.  I wish that those lessons were required material for every school age American child; if so, they would have a much greater appreciation for the freedom and liberty we (mostly) still have in this magnificent country.  If this were taught today, they would also understand that our country was formed by strong people who were ready to sacrifice EVERYTHING, including their lives, to ensure their freedom, and the freedom of future generations.

Keep up the great work you do, and thank you for sacrificing your time to educate us about our heritage, and for teaching us the skills to make us Riflemen!

LKN Patriot

Citizen

Thanks to Sadman and the RWVA crew for the great Appleseed and a fine show of southern hospitality. the trip from New York was worth the effort.

Goliath

Glad  to be part of a great weekend. I even had a chance to challenge my own personal marksmanship late in the day on sunday.

Great job Ramseur crew! I am poud to be counted amoung you all!

Goliath

AimeePatton

I just want to thank everyone for a wonderful weekend you all are great!  I can't wait till I can come out again.  The classes on sunday are worth the price.  The KD range is was great way for me to put into practice what you are teaching at 25 meter range.  I am telling everyone I know that they should attend. 

Lumm0x

Thanks to Sadman and the whole crew this weekend.  Excellent instruction and great education.  We greatly appreciate the volunteers, their time and passion.  They got me from cook to Rifleman badge in two days!

Uncas

Thanks for the great weekend. Colton really enjoyed it, I think we created another young enthusiast. Honored to accept an orange hat and pick up a bucket.
"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest ... if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity."–Mahatma Gandhi