News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt Field, FL - April 20-21, 2013

Started by Mr Pete, April 22, 2013, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pete

Alchemist promised only the finest weather for the inaugural Hurlburt Field Appleseed event...and came through!

I want to congratulate all shooters on a fantastic and safe event...it may be a stretch but I hope to see all of you again.

Jeremy came back briefly on Sunday to drop off pictures (which will be posted shortly).

Many thanks to:
The students - who make it all worthwhile.
Club staff and Alchemist - who mixed the ingredients (students, range and instructors) and produced gold

Folks, please comment about your experiences (as I'm still shaking off getting home at 4am) and stay in contact with us.  As we were honest with you, please be honest with us.  Help us improve this program with your feedback (posted here, emailed, private messaged via this forum or just call us) so that others may benefit.  Freely share a link to this forum with your friends and family when asked, "what did you do this weekend?"  Bust out your packet of targets and scores and tell them about everything you did and then hand them that flyer.

I hope you all take away that you are a part of something incredible:
A tradition of heroism
A community and nation of sovereign individuals
and now an Appleseeder - who on this particular weekend was one of 1400+ Americans, at one of 100+ shoots across the country celebrating their liberty and the birth of our nation

Posterity calls to us, what are you about?

-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

EngageTangos

I really enjoyed the event.  I had read quite a bit about Appleseed from different forums online and it certainly did not disappoint. The instructor's skill and enthusiasm for teaching both history and marksmanship was evident.  I'm glad this event came to Hurlburt and I hope it becomes a recurring thing. I will be spreading the word and would also like to attend with my wife if we can find a sitter. I look forward to seeing if getting rifleman was luck or if I can do it again.

Thanks for all you guys do.

Jason

Tomblin

Photos complement of Jeremy Bacon...

vickster46

All I can say is "WOW!!"

I had sooo much fun that I didn't even notice I was learning, growing and stretching.  I learned more about shooting, marksmanship AND our shared Heritage as Americans than I have in all my 28 years in the military.

I went back through my paper targets and you can see the continual improvement throughout the weekend. Many thanks to the patient instructors who did not laugh at my newbie questions.

I will definitely be back!

Vicki

smoakingun

I stumbled into the house at 5am Monday morning. Once again GPS failed to get me home without first getting me lost. It's a good thing I had a great punch of students to make the drive worth while O0
First, congratulations are in order. Jason, outstanding, job well done, you got it.
Second. The rest of you. While you did not make score, there was mrked improvement in everyone on the line. I have done a lot of shoots over the last few years and this whole group showed a level of patience, perseverence, and positive attitude that I usually only see in individuals at other shoots.
Third. Instructors. What a great time. I got involved with Appleseed for the people. I wanted people to hear the message, and take in the heritage that is the birthright of all Americans. I wanted to b part of the next great awakening. What I got from Appleseed was much more. I got to work with two guys I had never met before and because of what we do and our love of country and liberty, strangers become family.
To shooters and instructors alike, thanks for a great weekend!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Mr Pete

Hey All,

At the shoot we talked about making a difference in the world and affecting the lives of those around us.  We never know what the end result will be but we do what we must.

Just today I was practicing at my home range (Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando) and a couple was waiting for me to finish using the 300 yard range.  Once I finished I asked them what they were going to do.  Well it seems the lady wanted to get into NRA High Power (very similar to our AQT) so I told them that I am an Appleseed Instructor and gave them my card.

They looked like they had been hit by a bolt of lightning!  Both of them remarked about how they has just learned about Appleseed yesterday.  One of their friends had attended one this past weekend and gushed to them for about 25 minutes about his experience.  I asked them where their friend shot and they replied, "Ft Walton Beach".  It seems that our very own George was singing our praises and reached out to his friends here in Orlando.  Five days and 400+ miles away from our weekend I get to shake the hand of George's friend.  We don't have a huge advertising budget, we have something better.  A couple inspired by their friend...as it should be.  I told them to tell George, "Trigger Control!" 

The world is smaller than you think and you touch more lives than you know.

Thank you George...but seriously, practice that Followthrough!   ~~:)

Truly Honored,
-Peter
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

George59

All I can say is, that you and your crew pitch a product that sells itself, and you do it very well.  Thanks for the history, and the new (and improviing) set of skills.  Robert tells me he's signed up for a mid-June event in Orlando.  I think he will appreciate it as much as I do.  I'm already looking forward to the next one.

George

Sly223

This is how Paul Revere works in the modern era!
This exact thing happened to me last year! It was only 220 miles.
Thanks Pete, this post brought a tear to my eye on how special and devine our cuase in AS! ..:.. O0
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!