News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Roswell, NM April 20/21, 2013

Started by oladcock, April 22, 2013, 01:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

Oh what a glorious weekend to celebrate the gifts our founders and creator gave us starting on April 19, 1775. We had low turn out but the 2 we had were America's finest. Seems lack of ammo and other activities over the same weekend kept the turn out low. We honored the sacrifices others gave for us at 2pm getting the instructors on the line and the SB (me) a chance to yell a little bit.

Eric a repeat seeder shot a rifleman score at his first seed last year with a scope returned to repete with a 215 running irons this time and continued to turn in one rifleman score after another. So of course we had to offer him a Hat which he took and will be a HUGE asset to Appleseed. His handle is "Gugisman". Mirielle, Eric's better half made tremendous progress turning in a 206 on the last AQT of the day. Good job Mirielle, no doubt that patch will be your's at the next Seed.

With an instructor to student ratio of 3:1, instructors got the opportunity to hone their skills and requalify with lots of 220's and 230's being turned in. Good job guys and thanks so much for the wonderful weekend and fellowship.

The weather was great, chilly mornings, 80's in the afternoons, low wind with the occasional thermal spinning through, one scattering guns across the asphalt and gravel. Impressive dust devils with some Red Coats, the last we saw of them at 1000 ft and climbing. Lets do it again in May but fill the lines this time! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Carlson

It was a wonderful time as always.  I'm looking forward to May.  ;D

Carlson

Here come some photos courtesy of Jimi

DieslPwrd

It was a real treat to be present for Eric's Rifleman feat with iron sights, and to witness the improvement in Marielle's groups after lots of uninvited mechanical interference.  This couple's persistence and great attitude is an inspiration. 

This was my first "April 19th" shoot and I appreciate the efforts of the senior Instructors and other IITs who made the experience a great one.  And of course the Roswell weather never fails to make the day remarkable!  I'll not soon forget the sight of the wind moving AR and mat 20' across the ground to, as a certain colorfully-minded 'Seeder said, "mate" with another rifle.  Ay yi yi!
Being born free is a privilege. Living free is an honor. Dying free is a responsibility. - LTC David Grossman