News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Otisco Lake, NY April 20/21 2013..

Started by Josey Wales, April 22, 2013, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

:---..Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club located in central New York the first finger lake to the east is a beautiful place to do an Appleseed.  Right next to Skaneateles another wonderful spot in central New York.  This was the first event at this club, KodyJaret and Genmain are the guys directly responsible for making this event a reality.  KodyJaret and Genmain have been with Project Appleseed for a while and I met them way back when in the Elbridge Rod & Gun Club days.  Gunville, in which I shot next to at my first Project Appleseed event at New Bremen was also there to Instruct the event.  Vibbit another solid cental New York IIT was also there to work, help and teach.  With a crew like this I must admit I was Blessed to be amongst such men that damn well know what they are about.  Thank You men for being there for me, for Appleseed, for the shooters, for the Nation.  Job well done..
..Arrived Friday late afternoon with my wonderful wife who was willing to spend the weekend with her traveling Appleseed husband.  We met KodyJaret at the club and started to build the line.  Genmain showed up and we continued to set up.  As to be expected in central New York just as the line was a done the cool air came in met the warm air and the black clouds above opened up with a mighty down pour.  Lucky Saturday morning a 5:30 in the AM when I awoke my wife to get ready to go to the range it was drying up a bit and ready for Appleseed.  Everyone showed up on time and we started out in the club house with eggs bacon coffee and a good old wecome to Appleseed speech from Josey Wales, heck if I cant getem to think not sure anyone can  :sos:..

..Central New York in April is a bit nutz, like sun blue sky rain sun clouds snow hail sun blue sky clouds snow hail wind wind wind 20mph.  If the weather changed 10x on Saturday it did, but with 22 first time Appleseed shooters digging in and developing technique after each bit of instruction it was slow is smooth and smooth is fast kind of day, everyone learned..
..Sunday we held the line with 14 strong.  The weather was a bit chilly but steady.  The sky was blue and the wind was gone.  A recap at breakfast in the club house then out to the range to bust out some Red Coats.  I could write for hours about the weekend, the Patriots Day Holiday, the Instructors, the shooters, there is so much to say, so much to celebrate.  I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for giving time to assemble and learn about Shooting & Liberty.  I can honestly say there is no place else Id rather of been.  God Bless Us All.....Amen... @)

...............Strength & Honor....................Josey Wales....................

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

KodyJaret

Josey,,,You forget to mention the nation gained three riflemen as a result of this little effort. I would also mention that quite a few of the participants expressed their gratitude to the AppleSeed for 'coming to them', several traveling some hundreds of miles to be here,  and the club for hosting the event. From their statements  to me, it was clear that they were there for  more than recreation. They had studied our program, and as much as they enjoy shooting or wanted some sort of specific instruction, they also wanted to hear "the story", a story about of a 'leap of faith'.
Getting a club to  to assent to hosting an AppleSeed, to turing over their facilities  to 'outsiders', to disallowing their dues paying members the use of the grounds for an entire wk/nd is a bit of a leap of faith as well. Of the several AppleSeeds I've had a hand in promoting in this area over the last five years or so, I've never come away w/ a regret or had to deal w/  particularly negative expressions from the host after the weekend was over. This AppleSeed is probably the most gratifiying in that the host club was probably the most willing of any I've been involved w/ to date.
So on a personal note , I would express my thanks to the Otisco Lake Rod & Gun Club, to all of our participants, and especially Mr.  & Mrs. Wales, Vibbitt, Gunville and Genmain, without you all, this little leap of faith would have been a rather un-noteworthy little FAIL. 

Josey Wales

..some pictures..

Josey Wales

..some pictures..

Josey Wales

..some pictures..

Josey Wales

..some pictures..

Josey Wales

..some pictures..

VietVet

Great Shoot Guys..... O0

Looks as if Appleseed has found another home in Central NY.
This looks to be the first of many at Otisco Lake, NY.

Well Done All!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

The Mrs.

Great job to all involved, SB, instructors, and students alike.  Sounds like everything went fantastic!!

Thank you Otisco Lake for openning your facilities to us.  Gary and I were out there for their gun show.  Nice place and great folks!!
Think with love and truth
See with love and truth
Speak with love and truth
Hear with love and truth
And come from the heart, with love, and truth, and honor.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead  US anthropologist

R1SGx2

JW and Crew, nice work,
looks like it was a great shoot,
Thank you to all for attending, remember NPOA and Dry Fire
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Smurf

If Ya Don't Like Da Weather in Central New York, Just wait a Minute!!! IT WILL CHANGE!!!!

It looks like it was a SUPER APPLESEED EVENT!!!! Did you ever notice that bad weather brings out the best RIFLEMEN!!!! COLD MUD & HOT BRASS!!!!

And students  that you are so very proud of. An Appleseed Event is NOT an easy way to spend a weekend but, it is so rewarding to ALL!!!

You all came together on PATRIOTS WEEKEND!!!!! A wonderful thing!!!!

sgtrock

Great report Nick
Good to see a shoot in this part of NY,,
Keep up the good work guys