News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, IN April 20/21

Started by DaveD, April 22, 2013, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

A Great Weekend!

Cool Saturday....... and muddy.  Sunday beautiful, but still muddy.  More to come .........

Here's the more........ 16 shooters (4 from the flooded out Atlanta Shoot) started the morning in the Club House with Introductions, Safety brief and the 1st Strike.  Rifles to the line and rounds down range by 10 ... the morning is off and running! 9 youth on the line, 5 first timers. 

Lunch time and 2nd Strike ......... What did you think of the salt pork & beans with ash cakes? Now those Standing Crust pies .... typical fare of the times, but not of a soldier!

Back to the line ....improvement continues as we work toward the Volley for Liberty at 1600 hrs.  The time is here, the stage is set .........  names are called out, the rifles answer and these men are honored , remembered ..... for their sacrifice.

Sunday dawns cool, but clear with 11 shooters on the line.  We review and on to AQT's.  1600 hrs..... on we move to the 100 yd line and ringing steel!  With 22LR,  M1 and AR-15 on the line the steel is singing!

Kate at 11yrs wants an M1! Dad had better start saving   Her first shot rings the steel at 100yds!! An she isn't the only one.

A big thanks to all our shooters and to a excellent group of instructors.  It was a weekend to remember for this old Alarm Lister  O0

Add one Rifleman on the last Sunday AQT ... J with a 214!  He worked hard for that.  Several others on their way!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

kate

A weekend the founders would be proud of! Young and not-so-young came out for a beautiful event and just a little wallowin' in the mud. The rations lunch on Saturday awesome  :bow: thank you to DaveD's family. Everyone left with the same amount of holes they came with and we had tons of youth on the line!! It was great to see old friends and meet new one, and I hope to see you all back out on the line!

I will try to get pictures posted this evening  :pics:

-kate

Bryant

Glad everyone had a safe and fun weekend, now lets see some muddy pictures  :)
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

Royal-1

My family and I were set to attend the Atlanta event, until we learned that we would need a boat and there was no extra special patch like for the Winterseed.  I was thinking aqua?  So we drove out to Cloverdale, the site of our first seed 2 years ago.  This time with me wearing my nearly spotless orange hat.  It had been awhile since my last event, but I picked it up again quickly.  O0

We had some great shooters on the line this weekend. It was really nice to see all the improvements from the first redcoat. I was really delighted to see dad's with daughters and mom's with sons. This is a great way to spend with family, learning a skill, learning our heritage, and taking pride in our country.

My daughter, Lil'D, was hot on the trail to make her Rifleman patch, I really think she will get it the next time out.  She sure did enjoy making the steel sing from 100 yards out.  And yes she hit it many more times than I did.  :bow:  In fact, I think everyone hit it more than I did, like Kate 11 and with a Grand, I was using my own .22

The mud was there, but at least we did not need that boat. Glad I meet some old friends, and made a few new ones.  I'm looking forward to the next time I get out with you all.  Till then.

Royal-1

kate

Sorry these are late, but here goes...

Eddie

For me the 11 year old ringing steel with a garand was the height of my weekend.  She started out Saturday looking like she didn't want to be there and not quite sure how her rifle functioned.  She had an off brand sling that didn't adjust easily.  We took the sling apart and reassembled it so that she could start adjusting it.  She had a lot of issues with malfunctions and by late Saturday she was shooting along and clearing her malfunctions methodically.  When she picked up Kate's garand on Sunday and dinged that steel plate with her first shot the smile that spread across her face was worth more than any patch we'll ever hand out.  Her dad was proud and she had had learned to enjoy shooting. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

nikkim52

My boys and I had an amazing weekend with you all.  I can't recommend you enough.  Here are my pics I took!

And Kate.......Once Again.......You are amazing!

kate

I'm glad you guys had fun! I know that I certainly did! I hope to see you and your boys out on the line again sometime soon  :) What shoot are you going to next?

nikkim52

If we can find some .22 ammo we will be at the Shoot In Noblesville at the end of the month. 

nikkim52

We have lined up some Ammo and we are definitely going to the Noblesville shoot this month... We are bringing a friend and his dad and Grandpa with.  I meant to ask Dave if there was a way he could email me a Flyer....So I could post them around here locally.  Does anyone know if that is possible??

Find my pictures of the shoot at

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.446676598752781.1073741834.325754547511654&type=1&l=56721dcc56