News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene Idaho, April 20-21 Patriot's Day Event

Started by eert, April 21, 2013, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eert

Greetings all!

Saturday the weather held and we ended up with only a bit of rain and TWO NEW Riflemen.  Congrats to Tiffany and Tom N!  Saturday also saw repeat RM: Craig P, Tom T., Bill W., and Fernan Rod and Gun Club Exec Director Bob S. 

Sunday's weather was not so favorable, but these shooters rivaled the Columbia Falls June Aquaseed in toughness and perseverance.  While we didn't have any rifle cases floating in front of the line like in C Falls last year, we had a steady deluge from 1030 to the last Red Coat.  We still patched two more Riflemen despite the tough conditions: Georgia P. (another whole family of Riflemen!), and Jim E.  Sunday also saw two additional repeats  from the P. clan, Nick and Tim.

What was really cool for this SB was that most the line was similar to the Lexington Green and filled by multi-generation family units.  WAY COOL!!!

Congrats to all the new and repeat RM, 10 out of 22, not bad considering the conditions.  Congrats and thanks especially to Tiffany, IDAHO's newest Instructor-in-Training!  YES, even though she lives on the wrong side of the border, she came, she shot, and she volunteered here first.  Possession rules Shadowman.  Tiffany, I look forward to working with you. 

I think there may be some additional Orange Hats in the making, so keep thinking about it, and send me a PM if you want some additional information. 

We had a couple of one day shooters, Mary and Lloyd who made good progress, but could only attend Saturday.  Keep up that Dry Fire, and I'm sure we'll see you again. 

Tom T., again thanks for bringing the clan, your support of Appleseed is greatly appreciated.  All of you will make RM, just persevere and practice.  There are some great dry fire hints on the Forum.  Send me a PM, and I'll forward the link, or email in a WORD doc. You are all doing most everything right, you just have to keep putting it together and keep the focus to do it all the time.

Earl, father of Bill, and one of our veteran  shooters, is knocking on the door- 9 more points!  Next time, my friend!

Miss Clean Jr., great positive attitude even while wet and cold.  I see an Orange hat in your future!

Jim E. and Tom N., thanks for bringing your sons, and I hope to see additional RM in both your families.  The dry fire hints above apply to Nicholai, Wyatt, and Lake. 

Thanks to my fellow instructors, especially Cedarpole and  Betsy, who without we couldn't have such a successful shoot.  Great job on the first strike by CP, awesome Nathan Hale by Roland, and good solid instruction by the rest of the Cadre.  I thank you all for helping make this Patriot's Day Shoot a success. 

If I forgot something or someone, I'm sorry, but I need a nap!  I just can't get to the couch through all the wet stuff drying!

CDA Shoot Boss EERT

Roland

Chiming in here!

I don't really have much to add, really. Shoot boss said it all!

Great shoot. 4 new riflemen, 6 repeats...

The only thing that could have gone better would be no rain next time!

Tiffany, a huge thank you for stepping up to take the orange hat. Check the Idaho State board soon for announcement thread...

And now to the pictures. I apologize in advance, my camera was non-functional for most of the weekend (including our memorial volley, regrettably, so no video like I'd planned...)

What pictures I did get follow.

Shoot Boss eert giving morning briefing as Cedarpole and Betsy look on

Shooting the first redcoat

Always a pleasure to have Bill and Earl back. Bill, maybe one of these days you as well will take the hat, hm? And thanks for the tips on boot camp! ;D

Jim and Nicolai were another of our father-son teams. Congratulations to Jim for shooting that score, and maybe an Orange hat in the future? Nicolai, practice makes perfect!

Yet another father son team of Tom N. and Wyatt N., they also brought Lake  on Sunday, but unfortunately those pictures got fogged over... Also disappointingly the pictures of the truly excellent mohawk Wyatt sported on day two. (I really need to learn how to wipe off a camera lens)

Wyatt here being instructed by Cedarpole

Tom T. brought his whole crew out again... All five of them! Your continued support is greatly appreciated, Tom. There might be an orange hat waiting for you at some point as well... It's not like you have very much to improve on shooting with the scores you get!

We did indeed have some Ruger factory sights on the line that needed adjusting... Ya'll know what that means. STOP! Hammer Time!

The line preparing to shoot the memorial volley... And then my camera died. And my spare batteries didn't work :wb:

Cedarpole instructing the line Sunday morning... With a guest appearance by aforementioned mohawk!

It's physically impossible to take a picture of the shoot boss where he doesn't look angry. Really, I promise I tried!

Sunday brought out some heavier hardware...

Shooters listening intently to DOM stories at Sunday lunch

For KD Tiffany shot a 7mm Mag that was about as long as she was tall! (quite well, we might add)

Checking KD targets... in Idaho, the well-prepared rifleman always carries an umbrella.

Yeah. It rained. It rained a lot.

Terribly foggy picture of Tiffany taking the orange hat. Thanks again! Your help will be GREATLY appreciated at upcoming shoots.

And lastly, our crew of riflemen (and women!) from the weekend. Congratulations to everyone, you made this shoot awesome!

Roland Out.
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

ttabs

A big thanks goes out to all the instructors who put in a lot of personal effort in making this years April Appleseed the best I've attended yet.   The history lessons are passionate and very effective in subtly giving every shooter the real reason why they are out there - in the rain - shooting red coats on the line.  I'm sure on behalf of everyone who attended, THANK YOU for a job well done!

I popped a few more 230's with irons on Sunday - next year I've decided the M1A will make an appearance to add a little more spice to the line! Also, expect some new faces on the line from me next year.  In fact, I've also got an idea to launch a regional campaign to promote Appleseed than may bring hundreds of new (future) Rifleman to the line.    :---   

TTABS