News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wooster, OH. - Apr. 20/21, 2013

Started by slim, April 21, 2013, 11:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

I stepped out of the door and immediately got hit by cold air and snow.  :slap: But, the country needed some savin and we aint no sunshine soldiers and summertime patriots. We're Appleseeders! Huzzah!  ^:)^

What looked like a Winterseed in the making quickly turned into a nice, sunny, no. It was Winterseed. Nothing super horrible but just cold and windy enough that our four patriots had to bundle up a bit more to stave off the shivers and fire good groups.

Jack and Hannah had a little help staying warm with ski jackets they found in the trunk. Throughout the day this father/daughter duo improved and improved and improved. Groups that were barely on paper with rifles that were older than both of them (combined!) turned into nice tight groups right on the target - especially when they shifted to southpaw! Thanks for coming out on Saturday and we hope to see you back next time. Bring your "classmates!"

John and Dave represented the "Dangerous Old Men" by making their way through Saturday and being rewarded on Sunday with a wonderfully sunny day that was perfect for saving the country. We started off with "KD Brunch" (since there's no shooting till noon at Wooster) and followed up with a Redcoat and AQT. Then these gentlemen truly got their money's worth with a whole bunch of one-on-one  ~~:) floggings instruction. Drill after drill after drill and these tough old guys figured out something new each time. It got to the point where they were self-diagnosing and calling their shots before we even got down range. Both men know what to work on and I hope to see both of them back soon. Remember to dry fire practice. SHIFT!!! FOLLOW THROUGH!!! CROSS HAIR!!!! :DH:

I had a lot of fun at this event. The attendees were throwing great questions at me all weekend and Tube Sniper is a wonderful range liaison and host. He even had hot chow for us both days. Huzzah! (I didn't get the name slim by missing many meals!) Hot chow on a cold day is an event changer. I just hope next time the Shoot Boss is smart enough to sit around the fire all day, instead of just after lunch.  :slap:

Thanks to everyone who came out and don't forget to tell someone about Appleseed and keep practicing. See you on the trail!  O0