News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Lawrence Fish and Game, April 20-21,2013

Started by Charles McKinley, April 21, 2013, 10:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Thanks to the Members of North Lawrence Fish and Game for a wonderful venue, attendance by club members and LUNCH!

Four new Riflemen were forged and one requalified.

We awoke to snow Saturday and it came off and on all day accompanied by a brutal wind.  The wind picked up a mat and filpped it rifle and all over the firing line.

I belive there will be several orange and blue hats from this group.

Thank you to MrHappy and birdman for their excellent instruction and support of a new SB and Ladyhot and Gabe C for great performances well above their level.

More later....
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

panhead dave

I had a great time at my first appleseed and due to excelent instruction on the proper use of the sling, sight alignment, trigger contol and  breathing I managed to qualify as a rifleman.

GuardDog

Wow... what a great facility! All the folks at the North Lawrence Gun Club were just great hosts!

Thank you Appleseed volunteers ... a well run event, inspite of the frosty conditions!

and thank for the opportunity to FINALLY get Rifleman  ^:)^
(this was 5th or 6th try)

Now just need to get Laura through too! She's been so close a couple of times now...

See y'all again soon   - Rick

Ladyshot

Brrrrrr was it cold and windy! (Can we say numerous rifles being blown down range?!) But, we had a great time! So happy to have seen so many get their patch and both Gabe and I were honored to be involved. NLF&G is our home club, so we hope to make it to every AS event there. Let's hope the next event in June (or is it July?) will be warmer!  :P
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." ~ William Burroughs

Birdman

What an outstanding group of citizens! Snow, wind, and cold did not stop them from getting off the couch.  It would have been real easy to have stayed in bed that Saturday morning. I hope you are all very glad you came out.
Barbara: You stuck it out and shot a 221, if I recall correctly. You did it! How about that 5.56? 2 out of 3 hits at 200 yards your first time shooting a high-powered rifle. Great job!
Erin: 10yrs old!!, and had many groups, especially standing, that were better than even us dangerous old men. All I can say is "You Go Girl!" Tis true...."Shoot Like A Girl...If You Can" You are our hope for the future.
Brian: returning Rifleman, way out on the right end of the line, you are incredible! You would look real good in an orange hat!
Panhead: I still ache thinking of you guys climbing your way up off that cold concrete from prone. You showed you got the stuff and pulled out that Rifleman's score.  Good job!
Joy, Doug, Laura, and all the rest way down on the left side - sorry I didn't get down that way to really get to know you all better.  All of you know what to do. Practice, practice, and sign up for the next Appleseed. If all of you do not score Rifleman, I would be very surprised.
North Lawrence is a great club, and I thank them very much for their hospitality.  Things could not have been any better. Even the Gravinator I had for lunch was TO DIE for.
Stand, MrHappy, GabeC, Ladyshot, it was an honor to work with you. GabeC and Ladyshot - just kick us a bit now and then and we will straighten right up. Both you worked the line WAY above your pay grade :) Thank you, thank you!
That's all folk, till next time. Keep bailing this ship we call America.