News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bald Knob, AR April 20-21

Started by hawkhavn, April 21, 2013, 10:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Looks like another great Appleseed at VETS Shooting Center is in the record book.
WHAT A FANTASTIC WEEKEND!
The weather was as near perfect as one could imagine.

17 individual shooters!

8 new Riflemen!! Congrats to: Ben, Jonathan, Sam, Deborah, Naomi, Jeri, Cyle and Jared!!

2 new IITs and a new Blue Hat to help out in Arkansas!! Welcome to Ben, Sam and Ruthie!!!

Pictures as soon as I get home and get them uploaded.

Thanks to everyone who worked hard to pull this off.

HH

p.s. If you left early you missed a truly beautiful acapella presentation by the Carpenters. The most amazing occurences happen at Appleseeds...
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

mike1alfa

Had a great time!! Thanks to Hawkhavn for coming from Indiana. Congratulations to the new riflemen and riflewomen.

Quinncannon

A fine Appleseed indeed! Thanks to all who attended. Congratulations to all who earned the Rifleman patch!

Mike1Alfa, you handled that M1A very well on the 25 and 100 meter portion of the training!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

CarpenterClan

O0 O0 Many thanks to all for putting this shoot on.  Hawkhavn,Quincannon,ProfessorG,Connibear, Patrick, Michael,Thanks for your time and generosity...and use of "The Rifleman Maker".

The stories of our heritage are inspiring.This is our 3rd Appleseed and each time I(mom) hear them a new aspect of how people's lives were affected jumps out at me.

We'll continue to tell friends and family about the program.In the meanwhile, the dry-fire range will be busy.  :) :)  thanks again, CarpenterClan
"It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

Quinncannon

Thank you CarpenterClan for being so diligent in pursuit of the Rifleman Patch! Congratulations to Deborah, Naomi and Sam for shooting a Rifleman score, a good example of a "Rifleman persists"!

I know that the rest of the family members are not far behind!

I told my wife about the song ya'll sang for us, and she said, "there is nothing like family harmony"! No doubt, she's right!
"This we"ll defend"

connibear

Congradulations!!!!!!!!  to arkansas's new riflemen, riflewomen, and bluehats and to the two new IIT's. We had great weather, people had good attitudes, plus sweet tea and cookies what more could you ask for ;D. Thankyou to Hawkhavn for coming and being our shootboss, it was a learning experience for me as each event is. Quinncannon, ProfessorG, Patrick you guys did a great job on the lines, thankyou. Also thankyou to the V.E.T.S shooting range for supporting appleseed and hosting this event. O0
CarpenterClan, you have my photos so you I hope you post some of them so the country can see that AR can produce some fine riflemen and of course riflewomen
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Quinncannon

Connibear, thanks for coming down from Missouri and working with us, you done a great job!

I'm also glad I got to shoot, don't usually get to shoot at these events! Most shooting I do is here at home or at a High Power match.
"This we"ll defend"

connibear

Your most welcome quinncannon. Glad I could help.
Congrats on your requal. I didn't mention that earlier. You sure cleared that 400 yd stage, i never seen anyone clear that stage. You truely are a rifleman.
Thankyou for your help also this weekend, your help on the line with sights, slings and instruction were much needed. Hope to work with you again soon.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

CarpenterClan

Here are some pictures  Connibear . 

Mother Cobbler

Hawkhavn thanks for traveling to Arkansas. We really appreciate all the work it took to get here.
A very big thank you goes to VETS for having our Patriots Day Memorial AS. You have a great range, a real pleasure to shoot there.
Quinncannon thanks for helping out again, working the AS and getting the Shoot Box, congrats on the re-qual. 
Connibear, thanks for coming down to work our shoot.  Hopefully we can meet at an AS in the future.
Deborah, Naomi, Sam Ben, Jonathan, Jeri, Cyle and Jared congratulation on becoming Riflemen and Riflewomen.
Thanks for stepping up to IIT and Blue Hat: Ben, Sam and Ruthie.  If you need anything just PM me.
Patrick and Professor G thanks for your help with the AS.
Thanks
Mother Cobbler

hawkhavn

Pictures, we got pictures!
If you got more, post 'em!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Prone to Knit

We remember the beautiful Carpenter clan from a shoot at this location March 2012. Wonderful people. When they learned it was our 24th anniversary they gave us some lovely heart-shaped hotpads they had made.

We use them several times a day as their clever design makes them perfect for holding hot tea cups! We think of you often.

Congratulations on your commitment and rifleman patches.

Jim and Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

CarpenterClan

:) More pictures , proving what a great time  we had at AS !