News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC April 20-21 Patriot's Weekend

Started by Pain Killer, April 21, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

What a great Patriot's Weekend we had in Charlotte, NC. The weather was beautiful,  the participants were incredible and I couldn't have asked for a better group of instructors. This was the largest group we have ever had at the Charlotte range. We had 34 shooters on Saturday and 23 return on Sunday. Total participants were 35 and 8 instructors. David Hord, Kardiak Kid and Adamsod all told excellent Strikes, but David Hord brought the house down with his KD lecture on Sunday, very good job. We stole Adena from South Carolina for the weekend, and I can't thank her enough for coming! Neil R came even though he had a wedding to go to. We welcomed our newest edition to our NC family, Dakota formally from the NY instructor core, they really taught him well. And our only orange hat, Fox4 did a really great job with his IMC and NPOA lectures!

The Memorial Volley was very touching, I saw a couple people with tears in their eyes. Half our line fired on the fourteenth name, how embarrassing! On our only AQT on Day1 we had 2 riflemen, Charles T. with a score of 226 and Tony T. with a score of 215. Day 2 was fast and furious! We offered a low round count but we did not have any takers, we completed at least 8 AQT's. By the end of day 2 we added 5 more rifleman scores. Mike M. - 211, Scott W. - 235, Michael W. - 214, Meggin C. - 212, and my wife Michel Smith - 221! I am very proud of all of them, but especially my wife! This was only her 2nd Appleseed, I am very proud.

Those who did not obtain a rifleman score, continue to perservere! It will come with practice. We had a half dozen shooters in the 190's and 200's - Very good job!

I met some really great patriots this weekend! I am especially grateful to Meggin Condra and Michael Williams for putting on some nice bright orange hats. It was incredible having so many well respectful children at this event! I hope to see everyone again June 15-16 in Charlotte.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Fox4

Your hard work on the events for this week really paid off Pain Killer!  Your expert organizational skills are appreciated.  O0
-Fox4

colycat

Well done Pain Killer.  We didn't have anywhere near the numbers you did,  but at least we had a nice round number.  13 both days.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Dakota

What a great weekend!
Thanks to the Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club for allowing us to hold the event at their beautiful facility.
What can I say? Dedicated shooters, excellent instructors and perfect weather..... O0
I truly enjoyed my first event here and the crew made me feel right at home, looking forward to the future!
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12