News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN. Patriots Day weekend shoot AAR

Started by Mudcat, April 21, 2013, 08:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

What a great first day! A line completely filled with results of 7th stepping. We started out by passing out a new orange hat and ended the day with 3 Rifleman scores. Jerrad re qualified with a 241 Cory with a 215 and John with a 213. Huzzah!
Today we should have more with Tammy, Ben, Tiffany,Jeff, Amber, Devon, Chase,Drew, Gabe and Walt in Rifleman territory! Some excellent designated marksmen learning as well. Persist Persist persist!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Pup

What a great weekend!!!!!!!  We had a great group of Americans at Red Brush Rifle Range this weekend.  Everyone was very interested in learning and received instruction with enthusiasm.  We made new friends, new riflemen, and hopefully re-awakened some patriots. 

I was very impressed with the attentive participation during the history portions of the weekend.  It makes it all worthwhile to ME when I see everyone glued to the stories of the birth of our great nation.   Many people asking question and "Wanting More" after each story puts a huge smile on my face.  I am very proud that I now can help tell some of these stories and I look forward to progressing in my skills and abilities at this very important (and intimidating) task.  THANK YOU for your encouragement after my first bit of history as an IIT.  It really does mean quite a lot to me.

Mudcat

Day 2 and the 2013 Patriots Day shoot at Red Brush Rifle Range is in the books. What pleasurable event to work. Fine Americans one and all. Lots of progress today for many of the shooters. We got Gabe off of a bi-pod and using a sling and wow did he do awesome! I snapped this picture right after I set him up on the Rascal. It was great to see that he had been listening to all the instruction of the day before when he was using his bi-pod.

Here is Walt our model of persistence for the weekend. Walt had trouble with every rifle he picked up this weekend from not being able to adjust his sights enough on saturday and switching to a loaner. Then sunday he had a new optic that worked loose and when it was tightened up it would not group under  50 moa finally we figured out that the ammo he was using Remington Thunderbolt was leading the barrel up so much that we could not get a boresnake weight to even drop through it. We finally got him sighted in on a loaner for the last AQT of the day and he put up a 194. The thing is that he was smiling all day and never once got upset as he was persisting! HUZZAH!!

Here is Mathew who also was smiling all day through a stove piping 10-22 His highest score was a 206. Keep at it Matt you will get it no doubt! That is Tammy in the background doing pushups for dragging wood. lol

Here are 3 of this weekends Riflemen Jerad, Cory and Big John. HUZZAH!

Here is Jeff giving us IMC and the 3 star pupils standing at the front with all the answers. These guys are sharp and know very much what they are about.

Here is Pup telling a few stories of some Dangerous Old Men.

What a great bunch of Americans, I hope to see you all on the line again soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Rigby

Gentleman:

WOW!!!  It's Awsome to see a group of guys that are so passionate about shooting & our nations heritage.  My boy will turn 3 this July 4th, he loves helping me shoot now but he will be in Appleseed as soon as he's able.  Outsatanding leadership from all of you.

Its practice NPOA for me, next I want to qualify with either a bolt action & or iron sites, drop the scope.  The KD shooting is of particular interst to me, I like hitting steal at a distance.  Thanks for showing me skills I had no clue were out there, I had no idea I could shoot as consistantly as I was shooting yesterday.

Your patience with the younger adults is inspiring.  If they are dedicated you'll get them there.

You men sacrafice your own time & $$$$ to spread the passion, thats inspiring.

Thanks again for you devotion and your PASSION, HUZZAH!!!!!!

See you at my next Appleseed (sunscreen included!)

Cory,
Liberty is a Blessing, God Bless America
Our forefathers felt that Liberty was worth everything, even dieing for (NOW THATS PASSION)!  I am Proud to be an American!

Mudcat

You were a pleasure to have on the line Rigby. We loved your enthusiasm for sure! I think Pup has some more pictures too.
Remember though when you come back to another shoot be sure to bring others with you. It's all about 7th stepping.
--George Washington

Bryant

Looks like a great Appleseed and congratulations to the new & requalified Rifleman.  :)
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

Rigby

Some people get it, Others don't.  Thats up to them, I am spreading the word!!!  My wife will be attending along with as many others as I can find.

Thanks again Guys!

Why don't we teach this in schools.  Oh how I could get on my soap box.

redbaron

Quote from: Rigby on April 22, 2013, 12:57:18 PMI had no idea I could shoot as consistantly as I was shooting yesterday.

The "look" on your face when you "got it" was golden! It was a pleasure to work with you on Saturday and again Sunday morning. I told Mudcat during the 1st AQT that you'd be a rifleman before the weekend was over. If that bolt gun on Sunday didn't have issues, I'm sure you and Jerrad both would have done well with it.

redbaron

Pup

Rebaron stepping up to take a Hat

Cory with his hard earned Rifleman's patch

John also proved Saturday that he is a man that knows very well what he is about.

Colton also made it over the hump very quickly on Sunday.

Chase, Gabe, and Drew earning their youth patches.  What a great group of young men.

JSW with the story of the 2nd Strike.

Sorry for the delay, not much time.

Mudcat

Here is another pic of a father and son that attended. Jeff and Chase made some great progress this weekend they both will be Riflemen if they persist.
--George Washington

Rigby

Huzzah!!!  Red Baron!  (I was shooting yesterday & kept hearing you say watch your thumb)  Mudcat the look on your face is priceless :)

Chase, Gabe and Drew are Awsome!!  Young men indeed.  Matt's almost there also.

We the People  of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Rigby

Guys:  Did I miss that Isaac Davis was on the Mass state quarter.

And I have gone all this time without a clue who he was and how important a hero he was.

Education does cure Ignorance

Rigby

I just joined RWVA and told my wife, she asked if I signed her up.  Ok I said, being an ADM employee she can and likes to spread to word for Liberty and Freedom from Tyranny.  :sb:

Pup

Quote from: Rigby on April 23, 2013, 03:14:58 PM
Guys:  Did I miss that Isaac Davis was on the Mass state quarter.

And I have gone all this time without a clue who he was and how important a hero he was.

Education does cure Ignorance

I didn't know he was on that quarter.  Awesome, thanks for sharing.

JSW

Stay as determined as Walt! Thats my new goal coming away from this weekend!  That last aqt was amazing.   He was getting no feed back from his targets but had spent the day firing by the numbers.   20 moa groups and worse.   SB said check rifle--- sure enough.   Different rifle  2moa 3 Shot groups.  Amazing! 
Thanks  to you all.   Persist!  Huzzah!  See you next time right?

Pup

Quote from: JSW on April 23, 2013, 11:31:44 PM
Stay as determined as Walt! Thats my new goal coming away from this weekend!  That last aqt was amazing.   He was getting no feed back from his targets but had spent the day firing by the numbers.   20 moa groups and worse.   SB said check rifle--- sure enough.   Different rifle  2moa 3 Shot groups.  Amazing! 
Thanks  to you all.   Persist!  Huzzah!  See you next time right?

Yes indeed,  Walt was a model of persistence.  Wish we could have got a few more AQT's in for him.  Looking forward to seeing everyone on the line again in the near future.  I know that Jeff has talked about his first Appleseed experience all week.  He is fired up and 7th stepping constantly. 

Wetmiller

I had a great time at my first Appleseed last weekend! The SB and IITs were incredible!  Even though I had a few issues with my rifle,  Special thanks to Mudcat and JWS, they continually encouraged and helped this newbie out with technique and getting through the rifle issues, including a couple of loaner rifles.  The last AQT of the day was awesome  ^:)^

The stories of the events leading up to April 19th were a great reminder of what kind of men and women helped form this great country!  It was great to hear about those events again from men who truly know what they are about!

Can't wait for my 2nd!
Walt

Wetmiller

Mudcat

Glad you had a good time Walt. You get your rifle sorted out and continue to persist and I see the Rifleman patch in your future we know it is in your heart already.
I'm sure Jeff doesn't mind what you call him as long as it it's not late for dinner. I know it's old but I couldn't resist. By the way we have a shoot in Nashville next weekend.
Hope to see you soon.
--George Washington

JSW