News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Village, IN April 20-21, 2013 Patriot's Day Event

Started by AuntieBellum, April 20, 2013, 11:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Just a quick taste of day one...

Our memorial volley.

Up and close with a redcoat.

And some history and heritage.

And we just might have passed out a couple of new hats and changed the color on another...more on that tomorrow.   ^:)^
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bryant

New hats and a changing color, can't wait to hear the details.  Looks like great weather down there, too.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

AuntieBellum

What a great weekend!  Ok, maybe a tad chilly on Saturday, but Sunday warmed up quite nicely (and I wore more layers  ;)).  And mud...nope, not one bit.  The sandy ground drained so well that I'm certain we were the driest event in the entire state.

Congratulations to our Riflemen - Paul and Jason.  Very well done, both of you.  And the rest of our shooters did great, too!  Lots of improving scores all weekend long.  We were sad that Ron and Clif couldn't join us on Sunday, but come on back.  We'll be back June 8-9!  And Brendan...you can do it.  A 205.  Wow.  So close.  And we would love to see you in an orange hat...

Speaking of hats, a huge congratulations to Stubborn Yankee for earning his Red Hat.  Well done.  And Teresa and Ed - thank you both for your hospitality.  The tacos and chili were darn good, too.  ;)  You both sure do look good in those blue hats!

I'll keep fighting with photobucket and try to get pictures posted as soon as I can.  I'll take recommendations for other photo hosting sites, too.  ;)

So, come on back.  Bring a friend.  Remember the patriot you were fighting for this weekend.  You all remember your patriot, right? 

AuntieBellum

Yay for picture - finally!  Enjoy, and start thinking about June 8-9 - we'll be back!

Paul, our new Rifleman

Jason, our repeat Rifleman

Wild Deuce working with Brendan.  So. Close.  Keeping practicing, and you'll be there next time.   O0

Our 100 yd redcoats.

And why I should stick to shooting instead of cookie decorating.   ;D

AuntieBellum

And a few more pics from day one, courtesy of our lovely Blue Hat, Theresa.  Thank you!

AB reads from the Bloody Butchery poster before the Memorial Volley.

Stubborn Yankee laughs at AB? Actually, we put our shooters in prep just a tad early.  We waited for the exact time to yell, "FIRE!"

Father and son take on the redcoats together.  Just like the men on Lexington Green.

Where lunch was.  We ate it all.  YUM!

Iroquois

Congrats to all our shooters...if you survived Saturday then Sunday was easy. Paul surprised everybody except maybe himself by shooting rifleman early Sunday in spite of some stray rounds from me. Oops!! Not bad for a first timer. Hope  to see some repeat shooters in June....Thanks to Auntibellum and her crew of helpers, once again.