News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta, IN Canceled for April 20-21, 2013

Started by AuntieBellum, April 19, 2013, 06:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

Attention: Atlanta Conservation Club is flooded. The event there this weekend has been canceled. If you were pre-registered for Atlanta, you are welcome to attend another event this weekend. Cloverdale, Crawfordsville, Lake Village, Ossian, and Seelyville all have room on the line. Please give me a call if we haven't called you yet so we can make arrangements. Thanks! 608.469.5190 - Amy Pfaff, IN State Coordinator
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Unbridled Liberty

And if any displaced instructors want to help out Kentucky, we could use it.  One needed at Carrollton, one at Knob Creek.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

eaglescouter

I have notified all registered participants via eventbrite.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Niecie

Should be plainly evident to anyone who shows up.

Orangedotfever

Wow what a sad sight. Hope everyone makes it to an alternate shoot. Everyone be safe this weekend.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

JV

could set the targets up and shoot prone from a floaty?
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

AuntieBellum

Thanks, eaglescouter.

Two emails have been sent via Eventbrite, a message posted here and on Facebook, and all registered were contacted via phone, as well, if we had their number.  I've heard back from all but two participants, so we should be all set.  Sorry for the inconvenience for those who had to move, but thank you all for being flexible.  It was good to get to talk to most of you on the phone.  Cloverdale, Crawfordsville, and Ossian will all be blessed to have these hardcore patriots on the line!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Barbie

Re-enact the regulars wading through the cold, murky waters to Lechmeres Point?
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

slim

Charlie dont care bout a little mud puddle.

Nero

OK, shooters, who can tell me the steady hold factors for rice paddy prone??   ;D   >:D
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

ATM

Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Oz

Remember, the snorkel goes on your support side so it does not disrupt cheek weld.   ^-^

As for RPP...to keep from wobbling like a "weeble" I'd need boots with about 3" heels to get my own heels on the ground--and I don't need those pictures showing up in the slide show at next year's IBC!   #)
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Orangedotfever

"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Rimshot

Verify range to target, one ping... one ping only.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

JV

History Met marksmanship and swimming lessons began
Quote from: ATM on August 14, 2012, 11:37:57 AM
It does not take a majority of cats to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men and breaking stuff in their houses.

Ratchett

YHJ could have portrayed Washington Crossing the Delaware!! Perfect photo op ;)

Sorry, the rains came guys, hope everyone found a home on another range (ok pun intended) or another date to participate. IAO just wasn't in the cards on this one.
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

2 clicks low

Geez.... What hapened to improvise, adapt, overcome?

You gonna let a wee bit of water stop you? #)

You should tell everyone to come an hour early and bring a fishing pole to catch lunch. Wheres the creativity?  **)
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

RiflesnReins

Put those little arm floties high enough people! Don't want your sling sliding down your arm. I guess a canoe don't fit well in a shoot box, huh?
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

olefido

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

spitfire51

So how do we shift NPOA while on a surfboard?
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

2 clicks low

Quote from: spitfire51 on April 20, 2013, 09:34:59 PM
So how do we shift NPOA while on a surfboard?

NPOA = Natural Point of Anchor?
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

olefido

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter