News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Aroostook County, Maine Libertyseed; April 17

Started by The Old Guide, April 18, 2013, 01:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Liberty Seed

Date April 17, 2013

City -  Caribou

State - Maine

Number of attendees - 38 from age 10 to age 90

Type of venue - Christian school on vacation week. Sponsoring group were area home schoolers.

Type of audience - Home School Group, all ages

North Country Lady and I presented a Libertyseed yesterday in Caribou. We had 38 people ranging in age from 10 to 90. As with all our home school groups, the children were well prepared and asked pertinent questions. We have more time than at a shoot and our presentations went for two hours. We covered all three strikes and mentioned the Maine connection and that we have Rev. War soldiers buried in Maine. We had several of our flags on display, trifolds, the "Mona Lisa" poster, a Bloody British Butchery broadsheet and I presented a book to the group. "Then What Happened, Paul Revere". It is a great little book for students. When students read the book they will put their name and date in the book and pass it on to the next students. I told them that their book can become a historic document of their own.

Two men were excited about the program and want to have "some shoots" in Aroostook County for the first time. I'll maintain contact with them. We drove over 150 miles each way for this Seed. It was worth the trip.

The Old Guide, Maine State Coordinator
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13