News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bellevue, MI. PATRIOTS DAY April 20 & 21, 2013

Started by Rascal21, April 18, 2013, 08:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Thank you all for coming out to spend the weekend with us.

Photos will be posted shortly.

Graywolf

What a fantastic and moving weekend we had!  Saturday started cloudy, cold and the wind seemed determined to undermine our resolve to stay on the range.  Sunday was bright and cheery.  Perfect weekend!!

Congratulations to Keeley, Don, and Clark for shooting rifleman!  We did feel somewhat guilty about baptizing Keeley in the waters from the North Bridge in celebrating her score of 210, but well... you gotta do what you gotta do.  O0  Earl requalified multiple times.  Mac66 came on Sunday and talked to us about Libertyseeds and then proceeded to shoot a requalifying score as well.  Amber, you made major progress and I am looking forward to you shooting rifleman very soon.  It doesn't get any better than that.

The memorial volleys were very moving and all agreed it was a high point in the day on Saturday. 

Thank you to all the instructors who gave their time and talents to making this event a success.  You are the best.

Post up the pictures!!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

mac66

I dropped in on Sunday to say hi and talk about my favorite subject... Libertyseed.  Saw some pretty good shootin'

Perseverance makes....

...Riflewomen!

Lots of one on one instruction...

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Deadeye

Thanks to all for another great Appleseed weekend!!  All of the personal commitment, expertise and comraderie never ceases to amaze me. What a great organization!!

Congratulations to Keely, Don and Clark for shooting Rifleman!!! You all did an outstanding job!

Thanks Graywolf for your tutilage and for giving me the opportunity to improve in my roles...

Can't wait for thee next Appleseed.

Until next time...

MI-copperhead

Another fantastic weekend in Bellevue ! Got to see two new Riflemen and a Riflewoman minted at their first Appleseed, caught up with old friends (Greywolf, 3Dogs,DSS, Rascal, Sam-I-am, Pinkey, Larry, and mac66)  made new friends (Click, Deadeye, Ibex, LadyE and E squared), got to shoot 3Dogs Garand and share my M1A with fellow shooters over on the 100 yrd line  :cool2: Busting through and finaly getting a handle on my NPOA was great but the highlight of my weekend was bringing my nephew, Clark, who is a new shooter and seeing him make Rifleman on the last AQT of the day  ^:)^ . Thanks to all the instructors who have worked  &) with me since that first seed I attended back in September of 2011. A special thanks  O0 to the instructors that worked with Clark and made this youngman's weekend.
Hope to see you all sometime soon with some more new shooters.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

wingwrench

A great big BLESS YOU, THANK YOU!! To the S.B.; L.B.'s; I's; IIT's; and everyone else there!! The daughter "drank from the fire hose" indeed. It took till noon for her to get used to the water in the face, and get settled into the (learning) harness well. Then the pieces started to come together. I hope her final shot of the day makes it on the AAR.

The orations were excellent; the tribute volley was a reminder as it should be. Thank you all again!!

And that was just the first day..............

D.S.S.

I'm so glad I made it a point to be there for the time that I had to give.  Keeley, thank you for allowing me to spend time with you on Saturday morning.  I just found out that you made a Rifleman score.  Congrat's!!!  I'm very proud of you.  I'm sorry I forgot to mention that scoring a 210 get's you "babtized".   ;)
Next time I anticipate a higher score.  Shooters and fellow instructors, I'm sorry I had to leave but the nasty "w" word (work) unfortunately got in the way this past weekend.  Thanks for making this weekend the special event it was meant to be.

DiamondSharpShooter
"DSS"
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)

MI-copperhead

Found :
NPOA
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy

SteelThunder

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MI-copperhead

Thomas Jefferson

SteelThunder

This is one of my favorite illustrations.  This is target of a new shooter (never fired a rifle before) who showed up at 12 noon on a Sunday and wanted to shoot. 

Her first uninstructed shots covered the 8-1/2"x11" paper.   I took her aside, spent 2 hours walking through the fundamentals and watched her groups shrink.  The last 2 targets of her day (lower right and center) shows the makings of a good NPOA.

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

MI-copperhead

Nice part about new shooters is they dont have all those ingrained bad habits to break us "older" shooters have  ~~:)
Thomas Jefferson