News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, Texas April 13-14, 2013

Started by Jerry Hall, April 15, 2013, 08:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

As always we are honored to be afforded the opportunity to use the state of the art, Indoor Range at the El Paso Community College's Law Enforcement Training Academy to host Appleseed Events.

Bright and early Saturday participants began arriving. By our 9:00AM Safety briefing there were 16 anxious participants ready to partake of the fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship.
We were on the range by 10:00 and sending rounds down range for the rest of the day.
The only AQT of the day qualified several Marksmen, but alas, no Rifleman.
Our evening Red Coats showed significant improvement and the promise of an exciting day Sunday.

Sunday we began with 8 participants, front loaded all instruction and assessed and solidified the steady hold factors for all  positions for all the shooters.  ~~:)

We got sighted in, checked our transitions and began the grind. ~~:)
We ground and ground and ground, without anyone achieving the elusive Rifleman score. :slap: :wb: :slap:

Milt(duc-dog),  Matt(Carlson) and I all got the opportunity to requalify. Along with a shooter that had previously qualified; Jeff H.. :---
Our sincere thanks to our young Patriots; Issac, Bill, Mason and Christian who are all dilegently working toward Rifleman.

As our time together was nearing the end, Carrie H. and her husband Jeff who were qualified as Riflewoman and Rifleman, at an earlier event in Roswell, NM: were invited to and accepted the Orange hat.  ^:)^ :bow: ^:)^

To invest in the future of our great nation by teaching Rifle Marksmanship and the collation of out Heritage and Liberty is the highlight of my life today.

Thank you all for what you bring to us.  :bow:

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

oladcock

Good deal Jerry! "As our time together was nearing the end, Carrie H. and her husband Jeff who were qualified as Riflewoman and Rifleman, at an earlier event in Roswell, NM: were invited to and accepted the Orange hat."  Ok, they were invited, did they take it? :) That was the first husband/wife team I've seen get their patches at their first shoot. I told them back when they did it I wanted hats on them! :)....O.L. 
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Carlson

Jeff and Carrie accepted the Orange Hats.   It was wonderful to see two more great americans willing to join the team and help us Bail.  :)

Jerry Hall

Pic's
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Huzzah!

Good going Jerry. And nice, a husband and wife team too.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.