News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

myakka city April 6-7 2013

Started by bill o rites, April 08, 2013, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill o rites

What A great day for Liberty! Fourteen Patroits showed up to discover their heritage,continue the Legacy of our forefathers and experience the rebirth of freedom and liberty.At a time when it seems that hardly a week goes by without another iceberg appearing on the horizon,my faith was once again restored.To know that our program still draws that special breed of American that yearns for Freedom.To see families like Mark's that showed up on Saturday,drinking from the firehose of knowledge and persevering throughout the day , improving with each new course of fire and absorbing the skills contained in each.Or watching Richard and Johnathon as they came back on Sunday determined to improve their marksmanship.Others may talk of the dismal state of affairs,but we did something, we began to bail water from our sinking ship. Daniel,Abraham,Send It,Braden,Joe,Charlie,Bryan,Jen and our three Riflemen/Riflewomen Karen,Michelle and Mike, you guys are the reason we show up.Lady Liberty beckons and you answered the call.
   Well just wanted to get this started,I will add more later,   Bill O Rites     
               :pics:
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Sly223

This was a fantastic event indeed and more Brothers and sisters of liberty were discovered!
Two major points for now old acquaintances were rekindled in the spirits of our forefathers and a regular Myakka reunion for old shooters and cadre broke out it was great to see old faces and meet new! Ohh,yea and BTW we had a blast in multiple ways!
Thank you all for attending and refreshing my outlook, it is too easy to forget the good in life when the news media beats your spirit down into the fetal position on a daily basis!
This is why we Appleseed!
P.S. very safe event.
Fl now is blessed With a new Shoot boss! bill-o-rits congrats and well deserved it is an honor Sir to promote and work with you! ..:..
Much more to come! O0
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Tomblin

Quote from: Sly223 on April 08, 2013, 05:58:50 AM
Fl now is blessed With a new Shoot boss! bill-o-rites congrats and well deserved it is an honor Sir to promote and work with you! ..:..

Way to go Bill o rites, look forward to working with you as shoot boss.

A new shoot boss a month in Florida, Huzzah!

stoneknives

This was an amazing event for me and I truly thanked our God above yesterday for allowing me to participate with the Florida Appleseed Cadre.

When your on the line intently in your 2MOA shooters bubble you don't see the all the magic behind the curtain. As a shooter you see tiny bits of the work that go's into making the event run as smooth as glass. You see and hear the coaching reminding you about squeeeeeezziinng the trigger, dragin' wood and sling position. What you don't see are the folks prepping for the next training segment, scoring the targets, repairing target lines, sprinting to their truck to get more sling and swivel's to lend to shooters. Just bucketfuls of stuff are happening while you are listening to the great stories making sure the event clicks off in a safe and timely fashion.

If that wasn't enough to do the all volunteer Instructors Corps are also training the new and newer Instructors in the same professional manor. Thats a lot of balls in the air and ShootBoss/SBIT 's make it look so easy. 

Thank You All for your time and sweat and thank you for allowing me to grab a bucket and join in.

PS; Just as a aside maybe taking the Orange Hat should be sold as a weight loss program. I weighed in Friday eve at 248.2lbs. This Monday morning after hydrating like a camel and chowing a huge load of KFC yesterday, on my really good scales, totaled in at 240 even.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

reagansmom215

This was indeed a beautiful weekend for Liberty; many thanks to the good Lord above for the gorgeous weather and the teachable attitudes (and for keeping us all safe)! This was my first time out there since last June. I surprised myself with my score, but I'm not real sure why - I just did what ya'll taught me! I was soooo encouraged by the enthusiasm of all involved - shooter and instructor alike. Sly, Bill o Rites, Big Country, and Stone Knives did a fabulous job with their instruction and history. Thank you for reminding me why I fell in love with Appleseed (and it's not just 'cause I have an "in" with the Shoot Boss!). I also enjoyed seeing Mark and Barb, Richard, and Charlie there with their children (even Karen and Brien there with Dan!), our posterity. Those kids were amazing - attentive, safe, diligent .... true patriots. I may be "taking good care of the children" now, but it was so good to get off the couch! Huzzah!!
STOP GLOBAL WHINING!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Prov 3:5-6)

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. [...] It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government. " -  Thomas Jefferson, letter to statesman (later president) James Madison (Jan. 30, 1787)

If you heard the shot, you weren't the target.

PHenry

This were the first event I have attended as a shooter / spectator since early 2008 and it was an  extreme pleasure. Please don't anyone tell Fred I was lollygagging. Shhhh.  ^-^

It was so good to see all ya'll and to shoot three of four AQTs I have gotten to shoot in more than 2 years! Great students / great instructors and it was especially gratifying to see BoR coming up as a shoot boss. Huzaaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata