News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Mobile, Alabama March 30-31

Started by Bama, March 31, 2013, 09:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama

Saturday:

13 pre-registered, 2 no-shows, 1 walk-on for 12 shooters total. No safety issues, good students, good attitudes and a good time.

4 RIFLEMEN!!!

Some great history and stirring admonitions. Great weather & good folks!

Special thanks to Gordon Shaw, Will Bush, Michael Green and the fine fellows at Moss Hill for helping make this happen!

In Liberty,
Bama
To usurp supreme & absolute authority...in a free state, and subject it to tyranny, the people must have already become corrupt by gradual steps. And all states necessarily come to this, unless...they are brought back by good laws to their first principles.

-Niccolo Machiavelli (1531)

ChileRelleno

Hey, this madman looks familiar to me...  Yep, that's the dude I see in the mirror every morning.
I had a good time at my second Appleseed and again qualified Rifleman, this time with a 226 score vs my best last year of 220.
And yet again I experienced an equipment malfunction, this time the rear sight of my Tech-Sight actually came off my Marlin 60 right as we started the 400 yard portion of our first AQT.
I quickly slid it back on to the dovetail and it slid up to where it was before and seemed to lock up, it was tight, so I said, "Lets see if this returns to Zero".
Amazingly it did return to zero, and I scored 46 points on it.
Like last year, my best Redcoat effective range was 300 yards with a good head shot.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

cadman

A big thanks to the range and staff.  It was a pleasure to set up and have an Appleseed there.

Also a big thanks to the participants.  You made it worth the effort.  A most attentive group whether shooting or listening to our history.  Sometimes I did not know which the group wanted more of.  If we could have sliced open the day and inserted a few more hours, everyone would be pleased.  But that is not the way it works and the time monkey is always on our shoulders.

Regardless, a lot of history was covered and four riflemen emerged.  Congrats to all. 

Keep practicing and all of you can do it!  A rifleman persists.  You have the knowledge now; just polish those skills.

Let me encourage everyone to spread the word -- we call it 7th stepping.  Plan right now to attend another Appleseed (we have several more throughout Alabama.  The next is in Montgomery later this month (April).  Plan a weekend and bring someone with you.  One never forgets it when they help open the eyes of another patriot.

Until we meet again.

CADMAN

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata