News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sparta IL "red coat marketing" event

Started by imadentist, March 30, 2013, 08:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imadentist

The weather guessers were predicting sunshine and warm temps so of course the day dawned foggy and cold but that did not stop Mutti, riflesnreins, KDkat, and imadentist from hosting our first "red coat marketing" event.  We set up in the middle of a wild bunch cowboy shoot and were expecting lots of shooters.  Due to the weather only a handful of cowboys showed but we made the best of it.

We set up 5 red coat targets and laid out ammunition and AS literature for all takers.  We had 9 shooters accept the challenge and after some expert instruction from the 3 ladies 7 of those shooters cleaned their red coats and two of those shooters shot un-official rifleman scores on the QDAQT.

We told some history and practiced our own shooting during the down time.  I got to practice running the line in preparation of my IIT2 in April at Marion IL.  We planted a few seeds today, made some new friends and hopefully woke up a couple sleeping Americans.

My sincere thanks to Mutti, RnR, KD for answering the call.  I could not have done it without you!  I would also like to thank Mose for allowing us the opportunity to do this.  I am already looking forward to our next event, hopefully we can get permission to do this when there are more youngsters in the mix as I believe we would have a lot of the younger shooters step up to the line.

Fred

Quote from: imadentist on March 30, 2013, 08:57:01 PM
  We planted a few seeds today, made some new friends and hopefully woke up a couple sleeping Americans.

This is what it's all about! Thanks for making this happen! O0 O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Mutti

First : Thanks to imadentist for his set up and leg work.

Second: "by the numbers" - we had about 1/3rd of the Cowboy Shooters try out our Redcoats. Some didn't want photos (maybe they were supposed to be visiting Grandma or something    :)  )

Some photos (and a few more over here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/sets/72157633132869326/ )

Our First Redcoats:

Take note of his last Redcoat:

...and his smile!

Then we had a Cowboy come by to ask for a demonstration :

Which led to Miss A. joining us with no experience on a Ruger:

(She is a Handgun/Shotgun Gal):

Discussing her Redcoat (notice how she is listening and using her hands to "see" what I am telling her with mine):

And a nice first Redcoat:

Which of course led to another :

...and another (deal was once they cleared the Redcoat with the .22 - they could use my AR to try also). Completely different rifle, the fundamentals are the same:

When a former attendee to an Appleseed heard we were over @ Sparta - he hightailed it on over. He'd missed Rifleman by a few points and wanted the practice. He brought a most interesting .22:

with trigger instructions (we teased him - was the arrow to insure correct squeeze direction?) :

And he proceeded to clear 2 Redcoats after dialing in his scope (IMC practice) and then achieved unofficial scores of : 231, 234 on a QADT. He even let us take his picture :

Yesterday I believe we did rekindle a few fires in the hearts of Americans:

...and that was worthwhile.

Thanks again imadentist

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

Thank you iamadentist  for setting up Illinois first ever Red Coat Marketing event. It was a great success.  In all hopes some of the other states might  catch on, and try one out too  :cool2:.  We had the perfect amount of people, not to many where it would have been crazy,  but just enough to be comfortably  busy. It was quite helpful; that we were the only bay with a Fire, it drew people in. Mutti thank you for posting  the awesome pictures. You can bet I will be at the next one.  I hope to see everyone again in Marion on April 28th-29th.

RiflesnReins :---
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

RedFox24

Great Job Guys!  Wish my schedule had been clear I would have drove over but we got the word out on Facebook and posted a link to this AAR there as well!  Thanks for the hard work! :bow:
"Preparedness is not an event.  It's a continuous process." 
Dr. Julie Gerberding, Director, CDC

Mudcat

That is a great idea. Thanks for sharing and it looks like you all had a great time as well.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington