News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed, Cave City, KY Mar. 23-24, 2013

Started by boadicea, March 27, 2013, 01:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boadicea

Thought I would start the thread for this.  I didn't find another one so I guess this is it.

We had an assortment of ladies from age 11 to 70-something.  We didn't do any AQT's on Saturday but did do the side by side greencoats and then started with AQT's on Sunday .  One thing that happened was that some of the ladies discovered they were too petite for their rifle stocks.  But actually, as Ratchett said you make the equipment fit you and not vice versa so I should say, their rifles were too long for them.  If someone is short limbed, they might get a rifle with a youth stock.  You could also cut a stock down.

Mother Cobbler's two orange hat daughters were very good safety officers and one of them did line boss Sunday and kept the pace nice and snappy.  I called the line for a while on Saturday.

There were a couple men here and there.  One shooter brought her husband who they were jokingly calling "Man Slave".  He didn't seem to mind and went to Quizno's with a big lunch order on Saturday. 

Another man and a little boy (probably around 7 years old) showed up Saturday afternoon to visit his wife on the line and the boy, having attended an Appleseed before, got in front of the equipment line and tried to start instructing, LOL gotta give it to him for enthusiasm but of course I had to ask him to stop.  But it was cute.

The couch in that clubhouse is ultra comfortable.  I was allowed to sleep there, and I am grateful to Eric the range guy for putting up with me - er, putting me up.

10 of the shooters came because one shooter brought them all.  There was also one shooter who is a pistol marksmanship instructor by day.

We had rain on Sunday, which subsided but then we had to get indoors quickly because hail was coming, and it started thundering.  Lots more history Sunday because of the rain, but we did get 6 or more AQT's in before the hail, which fortunately was slushy rather than hard.  Frangible hail!  Then we did more history, some of us bought stuff at the gun shop in the clubhouse, and then we went out to Cracker Barrel after it was over.

No Rifleman scores, though someone came close - I think it was the 11 year old but I'm sorry, I don't remember now.  She had a sprained foot so she didn't do the AQT for real until the very end, but shot from prone most of the time and was getting some good groups.  A glorious time was had by all, and we had fun too.

Ratchett

Ladies, I apologize to one and all for not getting the AAR started sooner, I came down with a 48 virus and spent Monday incapacitated, Tues on the road home. Thank you Emily for getting it started.

Despite less than ideal weather conditions forecast, the ladies of KY showed their mettle and came out in full force!! Will be back soon to give more details. THANK YOU to all of the outstanding Ladies of Liberty and AIM for a fantastic Ladyseed weekend!!!

Note: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS  :)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

dirtdawg

I have been meaning to check this range out.  I was hoping for pictures.

Ratchett

Quote from: dirtdawg on March 27, 2013, 05:06:50 PM
I have been meaning to check this range out.  I was hoping for pictures.

Dirtdawg,
Mother Cobbler was the photog of the weekend, she will be posting pics soon.  ;)

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Mother Cobbler

Hello,
Here are some photos.

Mother Cobbler

I'm having an issue with posting the photos.  I'll try to get them out ASAP

Keeping the Piece

I just wanted to drop in and say that the weekend was an absolute blast!  I am so excited about attending another Lady Seed in the future under Nurse Ratchet.  All the range safety officers were great.  I was super impressed by the two young orange hats, Libby and Kat.  Great job, ladies! 

I'm planning on doing lots of dry practice and trying to get my body to be comfortable behind the gun before the next Lady Seed.  I'd love to get to the point where I could "fall asleep in prone" like Ratchet, but I admit I'm a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG way off! LOL!

Thanks to all of you for your patience and for the great times of fellowship at Cracker Barrel after classes.  I really enjoyed getting to  know you all.

God bless!

I posted all my photos (and ones shared by Darin the "man slave") on my Keeping the Piece Facebook.  Here's the link to that album if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.630345983648292.1073741828.142051962477699&type=3
May God be glorified in all things,
Colleene

Mother Cobbler

I am having a time posting my photos of this Ladyseed, I hope that you can link to the Project Appleseed Arkansas facebook page to see the photos.
Sorry
Mother Cobbler
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=508649599171587&set=a.508649592504921.1073741830.443856938984187&type=1&relevant_count=4