News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC 3/23-3/24/13 AS AAR

Started by 7.62BBQ, March 25, 2013, 11:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7.62BBQ

Our early Spring Appleseed in Ramseur brought 14 future Rifleman out to hear the history of 4/19/1775 and to learn the skills that were past down through the centuries by those great American Patriots. It was sunny and cold on Saturday, but the weather on Sunday was cold and rainy(the whole shoot). 8 shooters returned to the firing line on Sunday. We shoot under a covered range in Ramseur so the rain didn't bother us too much, the rifles got a little wet, but those shooters persevered and kept at the AQT grind. Although we didn't award any Rifleman patches this weekend all of the shooters made big improvements in their marksmanship. They all have the information they need to get out to the range and apply all of those skills and if they keep at it they will all be Rifleman soon.

A few of our IIT's got promoted at this weekends Appleseed. Bob Owens has perseverd for a year and is now a Red Hat, HUZZA!! Fox4 completed and passed his IIT2 so he is one step closer to being a Red Hat. I'd like to thank all of the Instructors who came out to help this weekend: Hawkeye, Sadman, The Beard, Lawrence, Bob Owens, DAR Patriot, Law Man, Fox4, Grathlong...(there are a few more who I need to add to the list but my notes are at my house, tomorrow).

Hope to see everyone soon on the Appleseed trail...

Kevin

Lawrence

Having done Admin, I'll jump in and verify the totals:

15 shooters on Saturday, 7 from South Carolina, 1 from Virginia and the remainder from NC. (8 at their first Appleseed!)

10 returned on Sunday for a very wet, cold, windy, "Winterseed" day.

Photos to follow:

Photo 1: Great students, safe & Patriots All!
Photo 2: DAR-Patriot teaching the 3rd strike.
Photo 3: Our first AQT.
Photo 4: Eric & Jennifer from TECH-SIGHTS, great partners and supporters of Project Appleseed from the beginning.
Photo 5: Welcome to Rattlehead! Transfered from NY to NC and previous student of our friend boltgun71. Arrives just in time
               give David some expert coaching. 

Lawrence

Have additional photos to post but system in not co-operating...... :wb:

Old people & computers, arbitrary! The bottom photos would only post as jpeg !@#)

Lawrence

Nationally famous, BOB OWENS receives his Red Hat from the venerable (insert numerous superlatives here) 7.62 BBQ. NC's senior and favorite SB, famous for abundant colorful insights!

Please notice that The Beard is now "without" and has joined Slim in wearing the famous "Mowhawk"! Great Look!

Lawrence

Hawkeye, conducting his famous M1 Garand Clinic on Sunday morning. This alone is worth a trip to Ramseur! Hawkeye is unequivocally one of the best Garand men in the country!

Adena

Congratulations on a well deserved promotion Bob!  ^:)^
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." - John Adams

"The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave." - Patrick Henry, Speech in the Virginia Convention, March 23, 1775

dreamerofdreams

Congrats, Bob!  Looks like it was an excellent shoot!
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Bob Owens

Thanks, everyone. It was a great shoot and the students were easily some of the best we've dealt with in terms of safety.

They were also tough; Sunday's conditions were nasty, with a cold wind driving rain into their faces. I was very impressed that they kept working through the conditions the way they did.

Editor of BearingArms.com, NRA News guest, Gunsite Academy graduate, and proud Appleseed Red Hat.

Julia_H

It sounds like it was a wonderful shoot, other than the weather. I hate that I missed it!  !@#) Congratulations Bob on the promotion! :bow:
"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness." Proverbs 31:25-26

MCKNBRD

Well, I can't get PMs to work, and I don't have direct contact info for most of you guys...

Lawrence & Kevin, please email me at cbyrd10@northstate.net

I have some questions about the Appleseed on the weekend of the 20th.

Thanks!
Craig
Its better to sweat in peace than bleed in war.

Guns and Ammo...between them, they get all the money my wife lets me have!

dashiell88

Hi
I'm the one standing next to the red hat looking at the target with a big smile on my face.  For any that are hesitating to go to a shoot, get off the fence; this is great program.  I would like to thank all for making this such an enjoyable experience.  I learned a lot and I am a better shot for it.  I am thinking on going to the rbc, so I hope to see many there with me.

Dave