News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Washington, IN March 23-24

Started by hawkhavn, March 25, 2013, 09:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Placeholder, up later tonight with pics!

Really nice early spring Saturday followed by a forecast crummy late winter snowstorm on Sunday.  The forecasted WINTER STORM WARNING - Near Blizzard Conditions - 8" - 12" inches thankfully didn't materialize but did impact Sunday's turnout. Thank you to everyone that braved the cold and damp this weekend.

This is the first shoot in a long time with all brand new Appleseed attendees and a brand new range to Appleseed to boot.

Please post your stories of the weekend.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

Pics! We have pics!
I really miss having Western Rose and Evenstar at hand, so you'll have to put up with my amateur attempts.
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

keyne1

It was a great weekend -- my son and I learned a lot!  The weather turned out nice on Saturday, but I can't say the same for Sunday.  My excuse for not shooting well on Sunday can be summed up by the following quote from an instructor on Saturday, upon reassuring my son that his tech sights would serve him better than my scope once the weather turned bad:  "Tumarruh, people with scopes are gonna be sayin' [in his best whiny voice], 'I cain't seee!! I cain't seee!! Mah scope is all foggy and wet!"  He was right.  I couldn't see nuthin.  Mah scope was all foggy and wet. [Whine]

The instructors were all great, and they really looked after my son.  He said it was one of the greatest weekends in all his life, so thanks, you guys! 

SPQR

Yeah, them scopes get foggy and wet. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

JSW

Thanks to all the new shooters for coming out.  Keep coming, keep practicing.  Dig into the history.  Ask your friends to come to your next Appleseed event.
Great to meet you all.   

tater

I had a great time in Washington. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, I saw a huge improvement in marksmanship. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the next shoot! Even you silly scope shooters. ;)
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Slow2Speak

I thought I  wasent gonna have a computer this week but ole MOM saved the day and let me borrow her machine. Hey thanks a heep to all the shooters for comin out and a hats off to those who stuck it out on Sunday it got down right nasty. I hope the history you all learned or were just reminded of made that american in you swell up a little the Revolutionary war ended and got put in the history books but the Revolution was never suppose to die.
you all were a fun bunch to work with and hope to see you all again with maybe a few friends and family with you the next time. This country aint gonna save itself its up to us. ~~:)