News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Opening of the Isaac Davis Memorial Range, March 23-24 Tallahassee, Florida

Started by Engineer shooting, March 25, 2013, 09:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

When the Navy christens a new ship they use a bottle of Champagne. Here in Florida when we christen a new range we use over two inches of rain Saturday, more rain on Sunday. On an uncovered line we provided all the adversity that a Rifleman could desire. We had a huge turnout of Instructors who just couldn't refuse the opportunity to share the adversity.

To Mr. Pete thanks Mr. Pete for the history of the flags and his presentation to the range of a Bedford Militia flag, one of the known flags to have unfurled to Aprils breeze at the North Bridge.

To all the Instructors you truly are a happy band of brothers.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

LawDog

Tomblin

Post the Red Coats, and the rain starts...

These people are tough, lets shoot!

A brief calm moment on Saturday...

Always good to see a river of muddy water flowing down the firing line...

But with grit & determination...

And even more rain...

Standing room only Saturday benediction...

Sunday started just as wet, and then, mother liberty shine upon her patriots...

PHenry

I am in awe! This is amazing! I can hardly wait to see it up close. Ya know, I have in my possession some tarp canopies that could use a good home.  ^-^
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

9mm4545

This is inspiring. You guys ROCK! If adversity breeds character, you should have character in spades by now. Congratulations to all those hardy souls who stuck it out despite nasty conditions. This is what Patriots look like.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Sly223

Wow That's Awesome,No summer soldiers or sunshine patriots there!
My wife qualified in that type of weather,
only her and another woman dropped down to get wet,
the men huddled under the canopies,
keeping their skirts dry!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Tomblin

A before picture is only fitting...

Can you find the chainsaw in the picture?

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

BrianB

I want to thank Ken, and everyone else that contributed their time, sweat, and hard earned money to the construction of the little slice of heaven we know as the Isaac Davis Memorial Range.

I am PROUD and HONORED to have been the first camper on the range, and the first to sign the Gadsden flag and leave with a Rifleman's patch (which I took home along with pruny fingers, bruises from my sling, a renewed humbleness for what our forefathers did to found this great Nation, and a few fat ticks).  Your hospitality and dedication to the ideals of the Appleseed program are truly amazing.

To all of our instructors, my deepest THANK YOU!!!! You represent everything the Founding Fathers had in mind when this Nation was conceived. 

Thank you for the constant reminders of the fundamentals, the enthralling stories of OUR history, and your time away from family to teach us what it means to be an American - in so many ways.

I am honored to have shot and learned with and amongst you, and look forward to many more weekends at the range with everyone! 

ItsanSKS

Hats off to everyone who helped make this happen.  Ya'll are the salt of the earth!

So, who's going to be the first person to get their orange hat at this range?  first Red Hat?  So many firsts to be had, be sure to take lots of pictures!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ToneDef

Quote from: Tomblin on March 25, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
Can you find the chainsaw in the picture?

I keep looking but it's like looking at a Where's Waldo picture. The longer I look the harder it is to find!
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

ToneDef

"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

Speaking of target detection, we don't have a RBC or KDC on books for this year. We all are in dire need of some KD and seeing the new IDMR - hmmmmmm.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pain Killer

You need to rent a bus and bring the entire Florida crew to Ramseur for the Boot Camp in August! Ramseur 8-13
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

PHenry

I'll be there (Lord willin) and I have room in Ford for three more!

LeanF15

I second BrianB's comments. My hat's off to Engineer Shooting and crew for putting the range together. I cannot think of a more patriotic act so close to home. I saw him earn the title of Shoot Boss from Mr. Pete and it was extremely well deserved. I am glad that I got to be there at the opening of the range and I look forward to coming back again soon.

Unlike Brian, I had enough sense to look at the weather forecast and utilized the Econolodge down the street. Much more comfortable accommodations considering the rain. Everyone should visit Ken and his crew and see what they have done. Their efforts are nothing short of World Class. They put a lot of heart and soul (never mind time and money) into this range and it turned out awesome.

Thank you to all the instructors for taking time away from their family to come out and teach the fundamentals that I had never learned in 24 years of shooting. Needless to say, their teaching improved my marksmanship considerably and they have actually given me confidence in my iron sights.

Sly223

"Build it, and They will come"! ..:..
Make it so RC and it will be so!
or mention it to Alkeford! ~~:)  O0
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!