News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI March 23-24 2013

Started by Superheat, March 23, 2013, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Wow what a wonderful day at Lapeer County Sportsmen's club. Special thanks to BoPeep and K9dr for inviting/pestering our state representative Kevin Daley.  He posted a very nice thank you on Facebook saying how much fun he had.
All the students are making good progress.  I can't wait for day two. I'm predicting several new riflemen. 

Whippet

:pics:

A super Huzzah to FlyBoy for his fantastic (looks like someone found NPOA) finish to the day. This young fella has been chasing a Rifleman score for awhile and everything finally fell into alignment on the 2nd to last AQT. Once he found his prone NPOA, there was NO STOPPING HIM!!! He finished stage four in about 1 minute so I asked him if everything was OK. He delivered a line that only the innocence of youth could speak and still bring a smile and warm heart..."Everything is great, they are all in the black." Oh, by the way, someone ask about that shiny new Blue Hat!

There are MANY more stories to report form this weekends event, but alas, I lack the photos to properly document the happenings. The photos do exist, but others have them sitting on there phones...stay tuned.
:pics:
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

Hammer Forged

A heartfelt Star Spangled Banner by the Mad Hatter!

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

mac66

Congrats to Jason and Flyboy for shooting Rifleman and the rest of the shooters for exercising their liberties.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

SteelThunder

**grumble, grumble**

SteelThunder who is green with envy at the sight of Waveman's BAR.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Oz

Quote from: SteelThunder on March 25, 2013, 11:23:08 AM
**grumble, grumble**

Beat me to it...I was delayed in commenting by the need to clean coffee from my computer screen and keyboard.

One more reason I need to start traveling to the east side of the state, I guess. 

Respect.   :bow:  I'm a little surprised they waived the "no bipods" rule, though.   >:D 

Looks like you had a great shoot and congrats to the new Riflemen.  DOM--please pass my compliments and congratulations to Flyboy!   ^:)^
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Whippet

I don't think that was actually a bipod, I believe that rifle is just so manly that it grew legs!
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

D.O.M.

Another amazing Appleseed event goes into the history books!
I cannot convey how wonderful it is to be so blessed as to have the opportunity to volunteer for such a great organization.
A sincere Thank You to everyone that worked with Fly-Boy over the past almost a year. He is, afterall, a part of our Posterity. My prayer for his is that he goes on to affect future generations with the wisdom of our founders.
As for the rest of the weekend, Wow! am I tired  :)
We had a pair of new shooters come and win the fun shoot, Earthmom did a number on her AQT during a "2 minute warning" Demo AQT (amazing) Hey, once you learn how to ride a bike... Really big smiles on the 200 yard range (Thanks Superheat, Mac66 and Waveman), great history, the most moving Sam Whittemore I've ever heard, bar none (thanks Hammer Forged) and new (and experienced) shooters who came with open minds and teachable attitudes to make our weekend complete. I can't wait for Fenton!!1!!one!!
I have but one complaint: Why do I live so far from Lapeer? :'(
Oz: done! and thank you.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Earthmom

Awesome Fly-Boy!  Iceman and I regret that we weren't there to see it.  Way to stick with it and persist.  Great job!  The blue hat looks great on you.

Superheat

The temperatures were hovering around 34 degrees on Saturday.  Sunday we started off with 26 degrees. Brrrr, it was cold.  Last year we were in short sleeves.  But that didn't stop us from having a great time.  As you can see from the pictures Hammer Forged posted, Lapeer continued its tradition.  Great stories, wonderful instruction and some wonderful teachable Americans, and don't forget two Mexicans.  Yes, they came all the way to Michigan for an Appleseed. They must have heard how much fun we have up here.   ;D
Gererdo, did double duty.  He was an excellent student and interpreted for Jose, also a great student.  Thanks for braving the cold weather. 
Jason proved several times that he is a rifleman. Nice shooting.
Zach L. was getting pretty smooth with that bolt.  O0 Keep applying those stead hold factors and you will be on your way to a rifleman patch.
Robert just kept persevering, even mechanical problems would not stop him.
Jim waited until the 200 yd line to show off.  4 for 4 on the steel. Nice job.
FlyBoy waited until the afternoon on Sunday to do a round house kick right through the door. He scored a 211 on the second to last AQT.  Then a 226 on the last AQT.  Wait for it, he's not done yet.... AND THEN HE CLEANED THE RED COAT.  This was his seventh Appleseed.  Not bad for a 12 year old.  HUZZAH!
What a great finish to the weekend. 

Superheat

Don't forget those first three words and why they are so prominent.

D.O.M. doing second strike with Kevin Daley (state representative) in the audience.

Everyone !  let's do IMC as an interpretive dance.  I'll go first...

This confirms it.  Hammer would have been right there on the green with Cpt. Parker

3.Dogs

Quote from: SteelThunder on March 25, 2013, 11:23:08 AM
**grumble, grumble**

Add me to the list of envy.   Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder