News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Governors Proclamation!

Started by The Old Guide, March 22, 2013, 08:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Every day we meet people who have never heard of Project Appleseed. I always have some tri-folds in my vehicle to pass out.

Fred asked me to post this here so it would be viewed widely.

Our way of life is under assault. The ship of state is sinking. Everybody needs to bail. If you read Fred's whole messages, way down at the bottom in smaller print is this line: "What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in..." At the bottom of some of my messages is the line, "Reach far."

On Wednesday this week, Governor Paul LePage of Maine signed a Proclamation designating April 2013 as "PATRIOT HISTORY AND HERITAGE RECOGNITION MONTH". Our governor came to a Second Amendment rally and stated his unequivocal support for our firearms rights and the Second Amendment. We have a great governor in Maine. He's a no nonsense guy.

Next week is the National Governor's Conference. Nearly all governors will be there. Our governor will have copies of this proclamation and provide copies to those governors who may be up for reelection and want the support of firearms enthusiasts of all kinds in their states. Here is the text of the Proclamation:

WHEREAS, the events of April 18 and 19, 1775 brought forth our nation; and
WHEREAS, many Americans today are unaware of the sacrifices and courage of those who stood together on April 19, 1775; and
WHEREAS, the Patriots of Concord and surrounding towns stood together against the Tyrants at Concord Bridge; and
WHEREAS, those Patriots of old prevented the seizure of their firearms and provisions; and
WHEREAS, today's Maine citizens would benefit from learning of and honoring the sacrifices of those patriots of old.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, PAUL R. LEPAGE, Governor of the State of Maine, do hereby recognize April, 2013 as
PATRIOT HISTORY AND HERITAGE RECOGNITION MONTH
throughout the State of Maine, and urge all citizens to recognize this observance.

In testimony whereof, I have caused
the Great Seal of the State to be
hereunto affixed GIVEN under my
hand at Augusta this Twentieth
day of March Two-Thousand Thirteen

Paul R. LePage
Governor"

Reach far.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

ToneDef

..:.. [size=-webkit-xxx-large]Huzzah![/size] ..:..
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"

Johnnyappleseed

Great job citizens of Maine .
Many of us are proud of the man you selected to represent  your  values.

No comment is required on many other  states ,mine included
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

TOMINCT

A great job by The Old Guide for getting this in the Governor's hands. HUZZAH!!

It just goes to show what ONE dedicated, persistent and driven person can accomplish.

Again, great job! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13