News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Meeting W/Fred

Started by Pitmaster, March 20, 2013, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitmaster

Fred is going to be in Chicago for several days the 2nd weekend of April. He would like to meet with as many instructors as possible. I have been asked to schedule his time with local states and days while he is visiting Chicago.

To make the most use of Fred's time MI and IN will meet with him on April 13, 2013. The meeting will most likely be scheduled at 9:00 am which will allow Fred to meet with WI that afternoon.

The exact location has not been set yet. I'm trying to find a place in Warsaw or Plymouth, IN. Those locations are about the most central and fairest driving distance for everyone. Roughly a little over 3 hours.

I need a count of who plans to come by April 6. Post in this thread to let me know. I know some of you can ride share.

Looking forward to meeting and seeing fellow Hoosiers.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Barbie

Can't make it to this one, have to work and by lil' Bro is returning from Guam.  You folks have fun!
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

dart67eb

Meeting with Fred is worth your time.  I drove 8 hrs for a day and it was worth every minute.  Not because he's my idol or anything, it's because I wanted to look into his eyes and see where his head was at.  I know where mine is and I wanted to make sure we're heading in the same direction.  I'm satisfied.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

yellowhousejake

I plan to be there, and every instructor that can should go.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

AuntieBellum

BUMP.  You guys seriously aren't gonna leave me, YHJ, and Pitmaster alone in a room with Fred, are you?  Action items get delegated to those who aren't there.

>:D

spitfire51

I'll be there, and would love to share a ride with someone up there.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Pitmaster

Quick update. The IN/MI "Meet w/Fred" is going to be held in South Bend, IN at the

Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility
4611 S Burnett Dr 
South Bend, IN 46614
9:00 am

There is room for 40 people or so. This is a great opportunity to meet/Fred and he would like as many instructors to come as possible.

They have generously offered to let us use their conference room at no cost.

There is a gun show about 20 miles north of South Bend in Eau Claire, MI. I have driven by this place many times but have not been to the gun show. I'm planning on going after we get done.

http://www.bigbearauctioncompany.com/gun_show
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Pitmaster

The more the merrier and I'm sure it will be worth the time.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

Unbridled Liberty

I would go but I will be working a shoot in Eastern Kentucky that weekend.  Can techres video the meeting and then make it available privately to instructors?

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Pitmaster

Bump for a reminder. This will be next Saturday.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Pitmaster on April 05, 2013, 03:05:21 PM
Bump for a reminder. This will be next Saturday.

Myself, Hawkhavn, Spitfire51, and Niecie will be riding up there. Doughnuts might be there too.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Pitmaster

Doughnuts and coffee will be there. I've made arrangements.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

yellowhousejake

YHJ

Pitmaster

I'll bow to your doughnuts and I'll bring the coffee.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

yellowhousejake

Quote from: Pitmaster on April 10, 2013, 03:53:56 PM
I'll bow to your doughnuts and I'll bring the coffee.

Leave no doughnut behind... bring all you can steal.

Bacon = ATM
Doughnut = YHJ

YHJ

YHJ

AuntieBellum

I'm hog-tying Rimshot and bringing him along.

Pitmaster

Cool. Since most of the states are in his region maybe he should leave with Fred for the weekend.
Pitmaster

NRA Endowment Member

Fred

Quote from: Pitmaster on April 10, 2013, 07:46:22 PM
Cool. Since most of the states are in his region maybe he should leave with Fred for the weekend.

;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

AuntieBellum

If only Rimshot's schedule were as free as mine.  Wait, no, I take that back.  Someone needs to pay the bills.   ;)