News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Garand availability

Started by huntrdan, March 20, 2013, 09:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntrdan

I got this notice from the CMP

LIMITED INVENTORY AT CMP STORES
(March 2013):

RIFLES: The CMP currently has over 12,000 unfilled orders for rifles, ammo and other items. We also still have thousands of M1 Garands. These rifles all require inspection and repair and grading before being put up for sale. At times the customer demand exceeds the amount that our staff can make ready for sale. This is the case now with the field and service grade M1 Garand rifles. As the CMP armory produces the rifles, they are all being used to fill existing mail orders, some from as far back as the beginning of January. Until we catch up on mail orders, there will not be any field or service grade rifles in the stores at Anniston or Camp Perry. For now, we only have the M1 Service Grade Special ($950), M1 CMP Special ($995), M1C, M1D, M1NM, and Kimber model .82 (.22LR) in stock at both stores. We expect this to continue until late June.

AMMO: The CMP does not have any caliber .223, .22LR, or .30 carbine ammo for sale at either store. We are sold out and expect to receive shipments of these calibers in 3-6 months. We continue to accept orders for these calibers and will fill those orders when we receive the replenishment shipments from the manufacturers. We do have caliber .30-06 ammo at both stores, but a 10 can purchase limit per year per customer applies. We also still have the Atomic caliber .308, but expect to run out in the next 60 days.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.   

An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

Dude

The e-mail sounds about right from what I saw. The Ohio store had about 2/3 the racks full,  so a trip there will not be fruitless. There were about 50-60 of the CMP Specials and most of them were Springfields. Ammo in 30-06 is definitely available in loose cans. A number of the 308 variety were available , too. They have the Daisy air rifle, which is really a great deal; $100 for a $300 rifle. This was as of 3/8/13. There were also very few shopping; when I've been there before, there were at least 3-4 times the number of customers.
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

jmdavis

The Service Specials and Specials are well worth the money. Collector grade matched metal and new cmp stamped stocks for the Service Specials. And new barrels and stocks for the Specials. Such M1's run over $1,800 at gun shows, if you can find them. I have one Springfield Service Special and hope to get a Special in .308 as well.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Charles McKinley

If you get he .308 Fred has bandoleers and cardboards for the .308.

I bought 4 of the refurbed air rifles for the kids and they are great guns.

I was waiting for the Ohio IBC to venture out that way.  I may just have to look for a shoot at Gibsonburg.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery