News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA March 16-17 2013

Started by Lagboy, March 19, 2013, 07:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagboy

Saturday was the start of another wonderful weekend at Appleseed in Sacramento. The weather was partly cloudy, low to mid 70's, and we had 19 guests eager to join us to learn rifle marksmanship and American heritage. First, as always safety was reviewed, and the fire hose of knowledge was turned on.

Around noon thirty we broke for lunch and had a special performance of White Cockcade by Joey and his trusty fiddle to kickoff the telling of the three strikes.

We wrapped Saturday by awarding young patriot patches, and American Amazon completed her requirements to shed the confines of her orange hat and adorn the crimson cap of an RWVA instructor. Congratulation AM/AZ!!!

Sunday's weather was a carbon copy of Saturday. With safety and lesson reviews completed by lunch, tales of dangerous old men and determined dames were told. The AQT grind commenced and groups were closing up. No riflemen were made that day, but most were surpassing the sharpshooter minimum and John was knocking on that rifleman's doorstep with a score of 203.

In closing, I would like to thank all the attendees and hope to see those knocking on the rifleman's doorstep back again.
And to the instructors, all of you did an ASTONISHING job this weekend, thank you very much!! 

Scott AKA Lagboy ~~:)
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

NorCal22Gal

Sounds like a great weekend indeed!  Congrats to American Amazon!!!!  ^:)^

7.62x

Had a great time and learned just as much as the Shooters - thanks to all the other great Instructors/IIT's I got to work with.

"History began on July 4, 1776. Everything before that was a mistake." Ron Swanson

plink

It was an awesome weekend! My first, but definetly won't be my last. Thanks lagboy and Nero, and everyone else! ~ plink (carrie)

Neve

Thanks to all the shooters and instructors for making it out to range for another great weekend at Appleseed. Congrats to Pat for making full fledged instructor and welcome to the team Dean, good to have you aboard!

Mike

Melissa

What a glorious weekend it was!  ^:)^ A big thank-you to Scott and all the other instructors and IITs for making this happen! See you all next month.

Nero

Pat (American Amazon) and I didn't get that many pictures, but here are a few.  I know there were other cameras out there, come on! 

:pics:

The fire hose of instruction is turned on, while the Shoot Boss consults Important Documents  ;D

Instructors and shooters get down to it

Quickly, please!

AA and I play this silly game:  Who has the coolest shoes on the line?  Seth won this time.

And a bonus award for Sunny's hat!

Posterity!

Pat's hat turns red!   ^:)^

Part of the Sunday line, with yours truly makin' noise on the end.

There are a few more in the full album:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114208333789247233986/Sacramento313#
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Vinnie