News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kosciusko (MN SC) goes down hard!

Started by vmt193, March 18, 2013, 02:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Just wanted to get something posted here so crazy rumors don't started.

Kevin took a tumble while setting up the Appleseed table at a recent gun show. He slipped on some water and landed on a cart full of folding chairs. Broke a leg high up between the knee and thigh. He's at Mayo and will be getting the bone pinned today (3/18) with a bone graft probably tomorrow.

He says he'll be on crutches for at least 6 months waiting to see how everything heals. That's going to put a bit of a crimp into his instruction this season, so we're going to be needing everyone to step up a bit to cover for the slacker. ;)

ItsanSKS

Holy Smokes!

Please pass along the best wishes from all of us in Alaska. 

Also, if there is anything we as Appleseeders across the nation, can do to help lighten the burden, please do not hesitate to ask!

-ItsanSKS
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Fred

I will "ditto" SKS's sentiments. Sorry to hear about this. And hope for a speedy recovery!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Ratchett

Prayers for healing and comfort!! Please let us know what we can do to help out---if ya don't ask we can't help ;)
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Taylor

Wishing you a speedy recovery Kevin.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

JOEMORGAN

Kevin will bounce back quickly.....this will give him time to organize his truck!  :))
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Nero

Ouch!  My sympathies, particularly considering my similar experience five years ago (right tib/fib).  From experience - listen to the docs, don't try to push it, but as soon as they will let you, get into a stretching exercise regimen.  After my six months down, it took a month of working on it before I could get back into cross-legged sitting!
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Unbridled Liberty

Wow!  That smarts!  Sorry to hear that.  Wishing you a speedy recovery, Kevin.  The good thing is that at least you got better medical care than this:
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

AFTERMATH

Too bad they didn't opt for the prone full body cast!

Take it easy Kevin - We need you!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

dragonfly

Take care my friend, get well soon   
D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

The Old Guide

Prayers out from the newest SC in Maine. I'm a big believer in orthopedic Docs and physical therapists. They are good people. They will encourage you, but also prevent you from re-injuring yourself IF YOU LISTEN. Pardon the shout, but this applies to everybody and it's a long way to Minnesota.  :)

Even the post office mixes up MN, MA MI, MO and ME. 
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

gmw

Do we give out medals for injury in service to the cause?

K, I wish you a speedy recovery, with the cast not itching, the painkillers being effective, and your dreams being of good shootin'.

gmw

RustyRed

Hey Kevin,
you better listen to the Doc's
an hope things will heal real soon
prayers are coming your way!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: The Old Guide on March 19, 2013, 07:11:14 PM
Prayers out from the newest SC in Maine. I'm a big believer in orthopedic Docs and physical therapists. They are good people. They will encourage you, but also prevent you from re-injuring yourself IF YOU LISTEN. Pardon the shout, but this applies to everybody and it's a long way to Minnesota.  :)

Even the post office mixes up MN, MA MI, MO and ME.

MN gets one more NM, too!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SPQR

Poor guy is going to miss the two week minnesota summer.  use this time off to drive down to the 5-8 Club in South minny and get you a Juicy Lucy.  (I like mine with grilled onions)
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter