News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN March 16-17 2013

Started by huntrdan, March 18, 2013, 11:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntrdan

We had a pretty good turn out for the first Appleseed  of the year at the Hoosier Hills Pistol & Rifle Club in beautiful Brown Co.  A little chilly, but the Rifleman prevailed. Border raiders from both sides -:) are always a pleasure.
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
An armed man, by contrast, has the means for Independence.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

huntrdan

Ryan shot a 229 with a misfire on his first attempt. Way to go Ryan!!! Them Missouri boys can shoot.
An unarmed man is, by definition, a dependant who becomes a subject by necessity.
A rifle more than any other tool, enables a man who desires self reliance to attain it.

huntrdan

How many of those pesky redcoats did we get?

Nothing like a good fire  to warm yourself by while eating and hearing some good history. Go Sam!!!

Two more Rifleman........

And Ryan backs it up.

Our Posterity. Tomorrows Rifleman.

Huzzah!!

SPQR

Really good shoot.  I sincerely enjoyed it and was glad to see the good attendance. 

"what do you think about when you are shooting?  I mean to say, what do you think about as your are squeezing the trigger?" Brain was asked. 

"Girls," he replied, "Girls."
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Orangedotfever

Quote from: SPQR on March 19, 2013, 09:51:00 AM
"what do you think about when you are shooting?  I mean to say, what do you think about as your are squeezing the trigger?" Brain was asked. 

I can relate to this. Depending on what age I am remembering it from.  ;D
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Barbie

Quote from: SPQR on March 19, 2013, 09:51:00 AM
Really good shoot.  I sincerely enjoyed it and was glad to see the good attendance. 

Hey, Brian was in his rifleman's bubble  **)  He made a great amount of improvement throughout the day, and his groups shrunk down nicely. 

It sure was nice seeing a group this size turn out for a weekend whose weather was less than desirable... who am I kidding Saturday was downright COLD!!! 

Congrats to our new rifleman.  Ginny, you'll be there soon enough!  To everyone else, you all improved throughout the weekend.  Keep on truckin' along!

See ya'll out on the line soon.
-Barbie
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

SPQR

Ginny : 209   

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

brianheeter

Quote from: SPQR on March 19, 2013, 07:40:33 PM
Ginny : 209   

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!   AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I thought she showed a lot of restraint.   :)

Congrats to our new Riflemen, Ryan and Matt, and to our "re-quals."

Thanks to everybody who came out and chose to spend the weekend outside learning marksmanship, history and heritage rather than holed up on the couch in front of the TV with a box of bon-bons.  We'll be back in Nashville in May, I hope to see you then.  Wait a second....  You don't have to wait that long.  Get yourself to a Patriots' Day shoot.  There are plenty to choose from.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

ginny

I did not get a chance to say it Saturday but I wanted to thank everyone for all the help, hints, advice, suggestions, and encouragment. I have taken it all in and found everything from my very first Appleseed through this past weekend has brought me one step closer to my goal....Rifleman. If you think I yelled loud when I got 209......be sure to keep your earplugs in when get 210.  ^:)^  Ginny