News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manheim PA March 16-17th 2013

Started by Roverace, March 17, 2013, 08:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roverace

We had four shooters come out to brave the weather this weekend.

It started with heavy wet snow, then to sleet, back to snow, then freezing rain and back to snow. Temperatures dropped as the day went on.

We had a family of three: David, Cindy and Andy. By 10:00 they were soaking wet and cold but they trudged on. We took an early lunch in the clubhouse by 11:30 for the first strike.

After lunch we decided to do the NPOA clinic inside and gave each person a chance on the laser rifle to really see how NPOA works. We continued instruction on the steady hold factors for sitting and standing in the warmth of the clubhouse, then back to the great outdoors.

We made it through two more courses of fire when our robust family finally had to throw in the towel. The beginning stages of hypothermia was evident and nothing to mess with.

I retired to the clubhouse to give the last two strikes while Mal let the instructors and Dave Shoot for Winterseed Patches.

Alex was first with a score of 220.  Nathan, not to let his sister show him up, followed on the next AQT with a 226. Congrats! Bob was shaking so bad (being cold trying to shoot) I thought he was waving a sword. Dave and Bob turned in some very respectable scores, but not quite enough.

The best news of the day was that Dave decided to take his orange hat!  I was proud to hand it to him.

Thanks all for coming out hope to see you again soon,

Roverace

GEmanuel

I think we need to change their name from Miller to Timex. No matter the weather they keep on tickin' Congratulations guys and well done
Take heart Bob I can't keep up with them either.
Dave thanks for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat, Huzzah!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." --Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"A constitution is not the act of a government, but of a people constituting a government; and government without a constitution is power without a right. All power exercised over a nation, must have some beginning. It must be either delegated, or assumed. There are not other sources. All delegated power is trust, and all assumed power is usurpation. Time does not alter the nature and quality of either." ~ Thomas Paine

navionpa

Well I finally warmed up, haven't been that cold and wet in years. 
Stupid me, I have a backpack at the house with all the necessary gear, just that'll teach me to trust the weather man.

Now I just need to get thru something, to get rid of the orange hat for a red one. 
Funny, nobody has told me what the road looks like.

David

mal

I've got pics!

What a wonderfully miserable Saturday.  It really wasn't that cold out, ranging from upper 30s then dropping to lower 30s through the day, but darn, we had just about every form of frozen (and sometimes unfrozen) precipitation i know of... and one I don't!  But once you got a little wet... whooo boy!  That some some shivering, right Bob?

Is this hail?  It wasn't really ice like all the hail i've seen.  It was like relatively light little snow balls or beads...  Ha!  Found it:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Here we have some action shots.. well, ok, the IMC lesson isn't really much action, but the snow/sleet/rain was falling.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

At lunch we took advantage of the nice warm club house to have our attendees (Dave in the pic below aided by Colonial Rose) get behind the laser & practice acquiring/finding NPOA.  This is a great aid in helping people understand NPOA.  Instructors can "see down the shooter's sights" in a manor of speaking & really point out to the shooter when they are not truly acquiring NPOA.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And last, but certainly no least, our accomplishments for the weekend.

Navionpa stepped up to accept the Orange hat.  Huzzah!  Thank you, Dave!

Colonial Rose & brother Sir Nathan took advantage of the (most certainly) last Winterseed opportunity of the season to earn their Winterseed patches.

Colonial Rose scored a 220 on her first go.  Congrats!

Sir Nate's rifle apparently didn't like the weather any more than the shooters & was acting up, but finally ran through a full QDAQT enabling Sir Nate to score a 226.  Congrats!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

navionpa

Well MAL;

It would have been better, if the temps were lower, then at least
I wouldn't have been so wet.

:))