News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amite, LA - March 16-17, 2013

Started by LawDog, March 17, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

I will admit that my spirits were flagging a bit last week.  The water felt deeper around my feet than usual and my bucket looked mighty small.  What I needed was . . . a dose of Appleseed energy!  In Amite, LA, on a warm Spring weekend, I got it.  A dozen Patriots toed the Line for the morning Redcoat.  Based on those first groups, I knew we had a batch of strong shooters.  They soaked up the marksmanship instruction like sponges and THREE new Riflemen proved themselves: Wayne, Tommy, and Bryce.  (I have to note here that Wayne ultimately shot a 239!!! - with points off for a wayward shot from a neighbor!!!) 
Several others were knocking on the door and everyone worked hard.

But it wasn't the tight groups that lifted me up.  It was the attention to the Strikes and the camaraderie between these fine Americans that did it.  If these are the folks that will be bailing beside me, I know we will succeed.  Thank you all for coming out and inspiring me.  You give me great hope. 

Let's do this again in April!

cvinson

Thank you again for the opportunity to participate in another Appleseed Weekend experience. Came away with so much more than sore legs, arms, and sun burns. Learned, without frustration, more points that I need to work on. And rekindled what goals I want. Your Orange hats and guests were FIRST RATE! Your range was run really well. And the stories and lessons told about April, 1775 never get old. Congrats to the three new Riflemen. Looking forward to the opportunity in the future to have to choose between a tan or green patch.  Chris
We the people...

bollox

Enjoyed the shoot. I was impressed with the professionalism and patience of the RWVA team. Instruction was thorough and on target. The oral history was well delivered and by switching up the orators no one's style became stale. Everyone showed a positive attitude including the shooters. I intend to continue my involvement with this program. I thank the RWVA team for their service an patience.