News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instrutor Roll Call

Started by connibear, March 17, 2013, 03:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

I was just curious to find out how many iit's, red hats and shoot bosses were in the state of MO. From what I see MO is falling way behind in events on the event board. I know it's not a competition from state to state, its about waking people up to truth and history and marksmanship. We need to get busier on scheduling shoots, i'm new to this and want to get as much done as possible. We need to find more ranges or private property owners willing to build a back stop or somthing. Maybe people already are. I was mainly just wandering about the instructor corp numbers. Look forward to hearing from people.     Ben
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

connibear

Hey Thursday, look forward to working with you. I might be able to make the shoot there in houston in a few weeks if not are paths will definately cross before long.

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Pete!

Present!

Edited to remove what should have been in a PM.
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

colycat

Quote from: connibear on March 17, 2013, 03:49:39 PM
I was just curious to find out how many iit's, red hats and shoot bosses were in the state of MO. From what I see MO is falling way behind in events on the event board. I know it's not a competition from state to state, its about waking people up to truth and history and marksmanship. We need to get busier on scheduling shoots, i'm new to this and want to get as much done as possible. We need to find more ranges or private property owners willing to build a back stop or somthing. Maybe people already are. I was mainly just wandering about the instructor corp numbers. Look forward to hearing from people.     Ben

Ben,

Thanks for starting this thread O0  One of the most effective ways to grow a state and get more shoots,hence more instructors, is for someone to take over the State Coordinator position.  With out some one to fill this  role, not much happens and the SC does not have to be of any particular grade.  Bluehat, IIT or master instructor is not important.  All that is required is to be motivated to grow the state.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Transform

That's four so far. Who else is ready to step up in Missouri?
Nearby border raiders are also welcome to chime in!

connibear

There have been 93 views on this thread, out of the 93 are there really only 3 instructors besides myself that are active. 

Let me pose another question in case people keep checking back in: If you are reading this post and you know of a MO instructor or SB then please pm me there name so I can contact them to see if they are on board to get MO back in action.       
                                                                                          Connibear

Mutti

Mutti (Instructor)
RiflesNReins (IIT2)
KD Cat (AC - Just waiting for 13th Birthday to join the IIT Path)

"We stand with Missouri."  -  That should be a shirt!

We also have some new IITs who might be over. 

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

dond

I'm SBing the Houston AS but I live in KY. I am willing to do what I can, within reason, because of my location. Alkirer308 is the moving force behind the Houston shoot.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

scuzzy

Hey connibear, there is a post on the SC area which will show you how to display instructor info for your state:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=27394.msg207120#msg207120

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

connibear

Scuzzy thankyou, that makes life a lot easier to find out who the instructor are, life is so much simpler now.

dond, i know ralph and he has worked hard to get the houston shoot going. thankyou for standing with MO. I should be able to make it to that shoot, i'll for sure in about a week. If i can make it i will send you a pm.

Mutti, thanks for standing with MO also. Where are you and the others you mentioned located at?

Mutti

QuoteMutti, thanks for standing with MO also. Where are you and the others you mentioned located at?

We are in Southern Illinois (about 2.5 hours from Rosebud) - it's a long drive back and forth, but worth it!

There is the opportunity for KD to 400m - and Thursday has a big tractor/trailer we ride down on to check peoples targets.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

alkirer308

Present and accounted for...SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Looking forward to the Houston Shoots..
"An Armed Society Is A Polite Society"
Stand Up For Your GOD Given Rights!

connibear

hey ralph, I am looking forward to it also. see you there.

Thor's Hammer

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

borderraid

I border raid from time to time. I'm planning on Rosebud and Wright City in Sept.

connibear

great. look forward to meeting you if you can make it.

imadentist

I will be happy to work in MO.  I have recently talked with some IDPA friends at ARPC and they are interested in hosting so I will copy you on any further correspondence/make intro's when it reaches that point.  I tried to set up a shoot at Henges but they are not interested in allowing any semi-humanoid targets so unless we changed the red coat and AQT completely the state owned ranges seem to be out of the question.

Rosebud/wright city are definitely on my radar.

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

connibear

imadentist, we would be glad to have you to help out.

UL, thanks for the support, we have a long way to go, but I think we can get back into action and get things moving.