News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pinckneyville, IL - Private AS - March 9-10, 2013

Started by dond, March 12, 2013, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

What a wonderful event, held in a beautiful camp setting with gracious assistance by the management. And furthermore, 15 shooters participated and all were intensely interested in both the marksmanship and history. This was shown by 5 of them attaining the Rifleman Patch. It would have been 6 except that a young lady received "assistance" on her target by a neighbor.  ::)  Their dedication was also shown by some who remained in a cold, windy, rainstorm on Sunday afternoon in an attempt to earn the Patch. Two of these accomplished their goal with scores of 244 and 231.  ^:)^ Those who chose not to get so wet retired indoors for a lesson in KD. Those who did get wet received KD instruction later. The appreciation for the history was also shown by the way they expressed gratitude to the history presenters. And I must say that the presenters really earned this gratitude. All of their presentations were outstanding, even for those that were doing it for the first time. And these fine presentations were also indicative of the excellence of the instructors in the way they assisted the shooters with marksmanship.

Several pictures were taken and I expect them appear soon.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

RiflesnReins

This Appleseed was AWESOME and I mean it! The range was beautiful and the people were great.  Everyone was so involved. They listened to advice and really put it to use. There was visible change from the start.

I would like to thank every one who attended. I would also like to give our 5 Rifleman a special thumbs up.

Sean: You did wonderful. You did well from the start and sure earned your Rifleman's Patch. ^:)^
Philip:  244! In the wind and rain! You did a great job! Plus encouraging your brother on to get his patch too. Nothing beats family support. O0
Charlie: Following close behind and scoring a perfect 210. If it had not been raining you still would have been drenched (by me  >:D).  After lunch discussion you picked up and made Rifleman right off.  You sure did improve the 4th stage as well.  :)
Alan aka Powder Monkey: Awesome name, better AQT.  Things were difficult there for a while but you persevered.
Thad:  Although I was not on your end of the line for long I saw definite improvement. Congratulations on earning your Rifleman's patch.

I would also like to thank our Ladies who attended. Every one of you did excellent and will make Rifleman soon for sure. Keep dry practicing and you will do great.

Thank you everyone who listened and made this shoot one of my best yet.

RnR

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Mutti

Well - this was my first "Rainseed" -  we ended up with 1.25 inches of rain on Sunday. Thankfully the gusts of up to 30 mph dried us a little.

The History was really well done - iamadentist rocked his D.O.M. 

I'd like to commend Powder Monkey for educating this Instructor on - well - Powder Monkey's !

A few photos although we put up the camera to preserve the photos we had.

Dond giving Instruction to Mr. L:

Mrs. H : (Who had her very first vacation in 2 years and came to an Appleseed. I'm sure her 5 children can't wait to hear all about it!)

Powder Monkey shows us how it's done (Congrats on your Patch):

We all had a head turning moment when the normally shy and retiring Polar Bear shared in his itty bitty little voice "ELBOW" - He will have to learn to speak up a bit on the line  ::) :

By the end of the Weekend, Mrs. C. was self-checking her Steady Hold Factors and showing huge improvement:

First transition to sitting:

I predict this young lady will soon be receiving her Patch. Such an improvement over the weekend. In her 160's - only the Mag changes seemed to hold her back. Dry fire , dry fire, and ....  more dry fire:

Also - Mrs. K - you would have had it without the assistance shot - next AQT I hope I am there to see you get that patch!

RiflesNReins as LB:

So thankful for the Cover! An awesome facility:

EOD as RSO Right. Clear and Precise - a pleasure to instruct with you.

They don't know it - but this is their Patch earning AQT:

Safe Transitions all day long made this a pleasure to watch:

KD Cat was on the ball remembering our dry shooting mats in the vehicle on Sunday for those who stayed over to try "just one more time" pllleeeaaazzzeee....

Quotes:

"Step on that spider! The one by your support foot! No the other support foot." (enter KD Cat stomp stomp) "Now it's deader than dead."

"I thought my rear was swelling, it's just Don's sling sponge."

KD Cat "Whose going out with me?" attendee "Is that an Invite" KD Cat "No - the targets silly."

"But the backers aren't floating...just one more?" (yep we did).

Overheard referring to a pair of Brothers who made Rifleman:  "Are they Brothers?" "If they weren't before - they are now."   that one teared me up.

Another inspiring weekend!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/sets/72157632982087222/
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

Great pictures Mutti.  Thank you for including the quotes from this weekend. I would like to say to everyone reading this that we have two more shoots coming up soon in this general area. Marion Illinois is April 27th and 28th. This is at a very good range and we still have 23 slots open so please sign up if you can. http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5034993802#

There is also a shoot in Sparta Illinois June 29th-30th. This still has 38 slots open. Lets fill these lines up soon guys! Invite your friends and family, we will be happy to instruct you. http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5094261072#

RnR :---
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

DuckZeroSix

Thank you all so much for the AWESOME lessons in history and the instruction on the range. This was the first time my wife or I had even held a rifle, so it was a great experience that we both enjoyed very much! A special thanks to Mutti, RiflesnReins, and KD Cat for extra attention you all gave to Krystal on the range which gave her a lot more confidence behind a rifle. She has already made it very clear she wants to attend the AS in Sparta in June and she has also been on a mission from the moment we left Pinckneyville to find a 10/22 compact like the one KD Cat loaned her to make her own. 

I loved the history portion of the weekend just as much as i enjoyed the range time.  You all told a very human side of the story, that is more often over looked in the history books, but it is the most important part of story. Freedom and Liberty were not won by people with nothing to lose, it was won by those who had the utmost to lose and they fought for it anyways; fully knowing the consequences, that was the most important lesson that i took home from this.  Thank you all again for a fantastic weekend it will not be our last Appleseed that is for sure!

Sean D.

RiflesnReins

Wow I never would have believed that you had not ever held a rifle.  That is amazing! Thank you so much for attending and showing us what true perseverance is about. I am so glad you two enjoyed yourselves and I hope your wife finds a compact Ruger in time for Sparta.  We are so lucky that people like you attend Appleseeds. It makes the weekend all that much better.

RnR

"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

― Winston Churchill

― Mark Twain

George S. Patton

KD Cat

First thank you everyone so much for a wonderful shoot.
Congratulation to our new riflemen I hope to see you again soon! Also for everyone working thru the weather and persisting no matter what.
To Krystal awesome job I know you will make it next time.  O0
To Helen you are amazing! You are doing really well hopefully I will see you again soon. :)
To Hanna thanks for showing us that we can persist no matter what.  ..:..

I had a really fun time working with everyone and I will see you soon.

Till I see you again DRINK MORE COFFE   **) **) (sorry wrong one) DRINK MORE WATER.  @)

:~ :---
KD Cat

When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

Mutti

QuoteThis was the first time my wife or I had even held a rifle

+1 to this.

Thanks for listening to the Instruction and then applying it.  Take that Couch Potato and put your AQT score on the back. Set it on your desk and invite others to attend.   7th Stepping is what we need to have our Communities hear the History and feed the future Generation.

Thanks for coming out - we sure enjoyed being a part of this weekend.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Powder Monkey

A BIG thank you to Mr Don and all of the instructors!  It was my first, definitely not my last!  Really loved every minute of it.

I cannot wait to see what KD Cat is like when she really gets fired up.  ^:)^

Hope to see everyone at Sparta in June, scheduling keeps me from Marion in April.  !@#)

I will bring the boss to the next one.  She is excited!
So you're still a cook?  Hey, at least you are here, which is a whole lot better than everyone else not here.  PERSEVERE!  You WILL  succeed!

EODTech256

First off I would like to congratulate all of our new Riflemen.  Also great job to everyone else for working so hard.  You all did very well.

To my fellow Instructors it was a pleasure to work with you all as allways. 

Everyone that braved the wet and cold to keep shooting awesome job peristing through some less than optimal conditions. 

I hope to see you all at the Marion or Sparta shoot and hopefully at both. 
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." --Thomas Paine, The Crisis, No. 4, 1777