News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta IN, March 9-10 2013

Started by yellowhousejake, March 11, 2013, 06:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

How about a impromptu Ladyseed?

We had three young ladies show up to brave the forcasted conditions and snub their noses at the weatherman. They were rewarded with cool but dry weather on Saturday and a great day on Sunday.

Since everyone was an experienced 'seeder we went through the Saturday instruction smoothly, still covering everything but we added fine tuning and detailed tips to each instruction. Saturday's groups were outstanding and we knew by the end of the day we would have good marksmanship demonstrated. One young lady, twelve now she let know, backed up her first Rifleman score right out of the gate with a 211. Some personal small group strikes, a to the point benediction, warm stew, and a warning to reset the clocks, and we were done for the day.

Sunday showed up raining, but just for a few minutes, the sun worked to come out the rest of the morning and was warming us up by the last AQT. We worked on our fine tuning and close examination of the fundamentals, then the instructors let the students go. Small corrections where needed, little hints and reminders, and scores were steady.

Beth, Mrs Consistency, continued to slowly increase her score as the day went on. She finally hit that magical 210 after several excellent targets. She is the picture of a steady/smooth/well tuned marksman. I have no doubt she will settle in to shooting Rifleman scores with regularity soon.

Radio came back after a year to try and duplicate her first Appleseed slam dunk with another Rifleman score. Saturday looked great, Sunday was effort, but after detailed examination and some late Sunday discoveries, she has a idea what to do next. Dry Fire! Practice your positions, and working that trigger hand. Learn the squeeze the trigger with the muscles in the palm of your hand instead of squeezing between your thumb and finger. Keep that thumb off the top of the stock. Practice your trigger squeeze with a click pen.

The Ice Princess, over the hump now, shot Rifleman scores to boredom. I finally dared her to a shoot off on an AQT, shooting each stage standing and with gusty winds, and she still knocked out a 130+. To be fair, I should have been shooting a centerfire to even the weight and size differences out. I have a hundred pounds on her and my rifle was lighter to boot.

This was the first Appleseed I have been able to work this year and it was fun to get to work with old friends, and make new ones. I very much hope to see everyone again, with a new student in tow. We cannot save the country alone, but the more who hear the story, the more who learn of the sacrifices made to give us the great gift of Liberty, the greater our numbers. The best work anyone can do, is to spread the message.

Thanks everyone for giving us your time. Let's see if FireAxes has some pictures for us.

Yellowhousejake

Thoughts for the weekend
"So a man in carharts is like a woman?" -- Beth
"Thats a position we don't teach in Appleseed, Apartment Prone" -- YHJ

I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Barbie

I'd have to say this weekend we had the best looking line of shooters out there braving the wind and cool temps... way to go ladies!  It was a blast working with you all.  We got right on down to fine tuning, which was definitely a change of pace.  Keep on practicing at home, most of the corrections that folks had to make could be easily fixed by practicing in the comfort of your living room.  And I know I'm not one to speak, because even as I type this, I know I'm not going to follow my own advice:  "Try not to be soo critical of yourselves when it comes to your marksmanship capabilities!"  You all know your stuff, and it showed through each set of squares and each AQT.  Congrat's to each on individual improvements made. I'm also glad ya'll enjoyed the history too... despite having heard it before, you all were attentive and joined in on discussions regarding it.  Thank you.

Beth- I hope your husband had dinner waiting on you when you got home!  Congrats on scoring rifleman! (and also being soo darn consistent)
Radio- You'll be repeating Nashville soon enough!  Practice, practice, practice and we'll see you bangin' out those 210+'s left and right.
Ice Princess- You're a dangerous lil' thing!  You'd easily give men 10x your size and 3 times your age a run for their money.   Keep up the good work!

Some more quotes from the weekend that I happened to find in my notebook:

"Carharts give you curves."
"If you have extra baggage it helps keep that hasty sling in one place."

I look forward to seeing ya'll out on the line again sometime soon!  Spread the word, and bring out some more folks when you come next  :)

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

FireAxes

Getting started with the Redcoat! 

Had to shoot an AQT with the Ice Princess custom AR.

The challenge... All standing position AQT.

M1 time!

Sometimes I forget just how much fun Appleseed is. This weekend really brought that back to mind.

spitfire51

Oh I wish I could've been there to see Beth earn the patch.  I remember a couple of her past shoots and I knew it was just a matter of time and a little perseverance before she would break through.  Congrats!  Glad you all had a good weekend.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

grunt soldier

I wish I could have made this to see my little buddy shoot rifleman.  she is such a awesome kid and a trooper too.  Adrian tell her I said congrats!!

glad to see beth got it this go round.  she had it last time but just ended up getting a bit to frustrated and that magic score eluded her.  i knew as soon as she relaxed and just shot it would be no problem for her.

congrats to everyone
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Barbie

Thanks for gettin' those pics up Adrian!   O0
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

ClogNurse

What a great weekend!  Very constructive instruction from patient, experienced instructors and perfect Sunday weather.  I ended up having a great Sunday afternoon, a nap & out for dinner  O0

Thanks for all the encouragement!

ClogNurse (Beth)

Don't forget about the new sound of an AR rapid firing....Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching   :---

Barbie

Don't forget about the new sound of an AR rapid firing....Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching   :---

Haha, Beth I almost forgot about that!   **)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com