News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Augusta, GA, March 9 and 10 , 2013 AAR

Started by TAZDevil, March 11, 2013, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

Excellent weather and students
wish we could have more students, not sure the it was necessrily an ammo issue
our students had plenty
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

DrJohn

Can't say enough good things about our gallant students except there weren't enough of them! Only 7, and the range has a capacity of 36. Sammy, you are an inspiration and I wish you had the inclination to become an Orange Hat. What a contribution you could offer. Cassi, your persistence is the stuff of which Riflemen are made. You go, girl! Stef, if you could smooth out your mag changes a wee bit, you could score well over the necessary 210. Treyce, keep up the dry fire and you will eventually give your uncle a hard time to keep up with you. Everett, you are a pleasure to watch. Ben could use another good instructor. Any interest? Hal, you came to the event with a number of difficulties, including the need to shoot left handed because of vision loss in your right eye, and a tremor that made it hard to acquire NPOA, and you still persisted and made dramatic progress. Well done, sir! Andrew, it was a pleasure to watch you devise your own drills to improve your skills. And welcome to the teaching fellowship.

Thanks to all for making this a fine and successful event. Remember to practice your dry fire, and to Seventh Step your fellow Americans on the path of Liberty with as much determination as you are capable. Huzza, all!!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

pavelft

Should've wrote this a while ago, but work keeps me busy. This was a great Appleseed despite the low numbers. I really appreciate the support of the senior instructors (DrJohn, TazDevil, kestak) as well as Guardian during my first weekend as an IIT. I'm proud of Andrew, who has now joined our ranks, and I see great things in him. I was really pleased with how well Sammy did, and I hope he decides to put on an orange hat. Having instructors who are intimately familiar with adaptive shooting needs is something that I think all of Appleseed could benefit from. Mostly though, I could not be more pleased with how you all treated my father. He's an irascible man, and I've been trying to get him some good marksmanship techniques for a while now. I knew he wouldn't listen to me, but he's listened to you all. Especially DrJohn. I'm hoping to have him go to an Appleseed up in the DC area sometime, and continue to hone and practice his skills!

Forest
"Distrust and Caution are the parents of Security" - Ben Franklin

"There is one safeguard known generally to the wise, which and advantage and security to all, but especially to democracies as against despots - 'suspicion.'" - Demosthenes