News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Private Appleseed for Sea Cadets, Fort White, FL March 9, 2013

Started by 9mm4545, March 10, 2013, 12:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Deep in the hollow on a frosty Saturday morning 17 young Patriots gathered to learn the fine art of rifle marksmanship. Hailing from Lake City, this group of Navy Sea Cadets were squared away, sharp, and disciplined. Our day began with the Redcoat target--which was uh, less than overwhelming. During the hours that followed extensive instructions were given, rifles were adjusted, shooters were adjusted, groups were improved, and the light began to shine as the lessons of marksmanship were absorbed. Our Patriot forefathers would surely be proud as the fine tradition of marksmanship was practiced with grit and persistence. Considering that this was a one day only event, the vast improvements in shooting ability were most gratifying and every single instructor expressed a desire to see these great Americans on the line again soon. I will leave additional comments to my excellent fellow instructors and I also invite the participation of everyone who attended.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837