News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Where are we going to get Ammo for Appleseeds?

Started by Mike Woodcock, March 07, 2013, 03:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Woodcock

I just took a call from a wanna be Appleseeder and he is having trouble finding .22 rimfire ammunition in Rochester, MN.  I urge all of you to think about buying some Blazer or whatever even if you do not use it and bringing it to the Appleseed shoots and selling it to students if they need some.

Please notify your buddies ASAP if you know of any arriving shipments so we can all go get some, especially with the purchase amount limits.  Fleet Farm in Rochester is limiting purchases to 100 rounds.  You should also ask clerks to check behind the desk and put you on "call me lists."  I have personally see at Rochester Gander Mtn where they are saving ammo in the back for people who buy a new rifle or pistol.

We may all have to sacrifice some ammo to get this shoot done.

Also, I suggest letting the shoot bosses know if you have ammo to contribute so we do not have folks show up and are unable to shoot.

Woody.

AFTERMATH

Thanks for bringing this up!

We could do something like this:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=34507.msg254828#msg254828

But it's tough, and I'm runnin' pretty low myself. 
I know we have some instructors who've already been attempting this, I'm not sure if they're allocating to friends/family or what. 
I'll bring it up at the IBC next weekend to see if we can't get some sort of system down.

In the mean time, folks could probably post their needs and/or excesses here. 

NOTE:  As this is not a deals and steals thread - Requests/offerings here should be restricted to supplies for necessary to attending an event, and prices should be kept reasonable.  All transactions must be in accordance with current laws.

We do have a forum "Deals and Steals" thread here:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=19.0   Please post general sales and other merchandise, etc. in that location.  It should be open to all forum members.

Thank you.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Also, feel free to provide any tips/advise on locating AS ammo here as well. 
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Maximum Ordinate

A method that has been successful for me in the last few weeks has been Gunbot.  This is the direct link to their 22LR search engine.  It updates every minute or so without you having to F5 your browser page.

http://gunbot.net/ammo/22lr

In the last 24 hours, there has been 40g ammo for 4 and 6 cents per round. 

There are some who camp out on that site, so if you see something - don't dawdle!   ;)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

technoronin

I'm planning on bringing the case of CCI MiniMags I bought a few months ago to an Appleseed this weekend.  My plan is to ask people to only take what they are going to use at that particular event so I will have some available for the next Appleseed.  I'm also going to ask for donations to cover my cost ($3.50/box of 50), but I don't intend to profiteer. 

Charles McKinley

I'm taking my 4 Diasy 885s and pellets for anyone that wants to use them.  If it is a kid I may even may the targets in to 15 or 10 yards.  The gun is capable of cleaning a Red Coat at 25 M. but it is more of a challenge than with a .22.

To learn the basics, especially for youngsters, it will work just as well as shooting $0.14 a squeeze CCI blazers.  Yep that is $7.00 a box of 50.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

nyrasgt

Fellow 'Seeders,

1.  (at least in NYSAFE New York) .22 ammo somewhat problematical; have heard confirmed stories of folks lining up @ WM @ 7am for 9am opening on days on which ammunition is going to be delivered.

2.  However - above poster referred to bringing air rifles to events, as inexpensive alternative to pricey and increasingly-scarce .22s.  RFAQT out of the question with single pump-single-shots, good otherwise.
     .177 pellets are still dirt-cheap and easy to find, including from CMP, 500 pellets for $7.50, and used to be able to
     buy Daisy pellets in 250 pellets boxes @ 3250 (if I recall correctly) for $15-20...

3.  Point/recommendation:  CMP is STILL offering reconditioned Daisy 853Cs @ $100 each - great deal, and comes with loop sling.  dd 2nd stud and swivel for hasty and you're good to go (with the single-shot-pump caveat above.

Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Pain Killer

Bulkammo.com has Centurian .22 LR 5000 rounds for 14 cents per round. They have 12 lots as of right now. Actually, 11 just ordered one.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

ItsanSKS

Quote from: Pain Killer on March 18, 2013, 10:05:42 AM
Bulkammo.com has Centurian .22 LR 5000 rounds for 14 cents per round. They have 12 lots as of right now. Actually, 11 just ordered one.

PK

All gone. 
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Taylor

Saw some .22LR at the gun show in Hayward, WI Saturday. Ancient looking Remington Kleenbore @$40/brick and Eley Std Velocity(?) @$50/brick. I kept my wallet in my pocket.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Mike Woodcock

I will bring a box to sell.  Need to find some CCI mini mag for my 1911-22!!

gmw

I have some .22LR for AS use, probably around 5000 rds.  Mishmash of stuff I bought at Wal-Mart over the past couple years.  I suppose I should get rid of that stuff and keep the CCI Blazers for SHTF ;)

Note that CMP still lists Aguila .22 for about 5.5 c/rd shipped, but they're backordered 6-12 mo.