News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Vernon, IN March 2-3 2013

Started by spitfire51, March 05, 2013, 08:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

I always look forward to our events at Muscatatuck Christian Ranch in North Vernon.  It could be our wonderful hosts.  It could be the awesome food.  It could be the dogs running around ready to greet you when it's time to take a break for lunch or history.  Regardless, it's an overall wonderful location for Appleseed, as shown once again this past weekend.  A small but dedicated group of shooters joined us on the line and spent all of Saturday morning meticulously shrinking their groups on the five-squares.  The afternoon was spent learning new positions and culminated in two AQTs.  Sunday morning started off with some biscuits and gravy, then on to some more work on the fundamentals before starting the AQT grind.  And boy did our shooters grind them out.  In the end, a great weekend was had by all.

A big huzzah goes out to Chris, who made Rifleman not only at his first Appleseed, but also with a bolt-action.  That's not easy to do and he should be commended for really applying what he was taught.  Mike also showed great improvement over the weekend, and I have no doubt that he'll be joining the Rifleman ranks very soon.  Carl, it was great to see you again, glad you got a chance to knock some of the rust off.  And a big thanks to Dennis and Anita and everyone at MCR who always welcome us down to their place.  Pics to follow.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

spitfire51

Gathering around the fire while stagehand steve delivers the first strike of the match from the "chair of storytelling."

Ah, mud and boots, not only does it make the shoot more fun, it's good for picking up brass as well

Our small but dedicated group had enough of prone after a while, wanted to show off just how good their standing shooting was

Our new Rifleman Chris, who scored a 211 and a 220 at his first Appleseed with a bolt-action rifle.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

brianheeter

DUDE!  First Appleseed, bolt action, Rifleman?  Sweet!

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Barbie

I know I wasn't helping instruct this appleseed, but after seeing those pictures couldn't help but comment...

Telling the strikes by a warm fireplace?!! ... with couches and a recliner?!!! Those boys were spoiled!!!   :)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

cmj

We had such a good time at this event. Both Matt and Steve were excellent instructors, and even better storytellers. Every single piece of information they relayed to me made me a better marksman.

Not only did I learn about marksmanship and patriotism, I learned a heck of a lot about my rifle! Savage shooters take note, round nose bullets are a must! HP's seemed to plague my first day by getting caught on the chamber opening. (No feed ramp on the Mark II)

We are already talking about the next 'seed.

Chris

MJ317

Yes, I second it Chris.

Awesome weekend. Great Hosts, fun, food, coaching and teaching.

Who said you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks. Did kind a hurt when the son showed up his dad but i was all that much more proud of him.

Great job Chris.

Definitely looking forward to more Appleseed events, participating and volunteering.

Mike

"One of the most essential branches of English liberty is the freedom of one's house. A man's house is his castle." -- James Otis, 1761

Calamity

Quote from: Barbie on March 05, 2013, 11:12:18 PM
I know I wasn't helping instruct this appleseed, but after seeing those pictures couldn't help but comment...

Telling the strikes by a warm fireplace?!! ... with couches and a recliner?!!! Those boys were spoiled!!!   :)

You are right, Barbie!  They worked hard but we let them have a break now and then.
Congrats to CMJ!! 
I missed getting the funniest Kodak moment, when we walked in with the warm biscuits and they were all holding their plates and forks as if ready to attack.  Great pics, Spitfire! 
We always look forward to hosting these events. 
who satisfieth thy mouth with good things;so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalms 103:5

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane