News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin factory built LTR AAR

Started by dragonfly, March 04, 2013, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

I know I can't wait to get my Marlin Appleseed LTR. Added my name to the list at Gallery of guns to be notified when they are available.

The 795 has always been on my list as a favorite Riflemans rifle. Probably top 5 all time, and Marlin has made it even better. Out of the box  Appleseed ready.

I know its kind of hard to review a rifle before its in hand, but let us know what you think and post a link to forum discussion's you have started, read and posted on.

Thanks,
D-fly Keeping the Faith

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Pain Killer

Will the trigger pull be modified for us or standard?

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Pain Killer

Their standard trigger is nice, crisp.
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

yellowhousejake

Review? I've got a 795 exactly like the offered one but for the fact it has no engraving and it's had better than 5,000 rounds through it. I stopped counting after the first year of loaning it out. Made plenty of Riflemen, out shot several race guns costing four times the price.

There are virtually no accessories available as it doesn't need them. The Marlin LTR will come standard with the only things you need to achieve a 250 score, besides practice.

It's the M1 of LTRs, unbox it and learn to shoot...

YHJ

"You can't purchase skill in a bubble pack on isle 9."
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

2 clicks low

I know it comes with 2 mags, sling and Tech Sights. Do they include the sight adjustment tools?
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

henschman

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Warp

Do we know when will they be in stock and available for purchase?

techres

No, but if you check out the info page at Davidsons, they got overloaded by info requests and it now says:

"Due to unprecedented demand,
the Stock Watch feature
has been temporarily suspended. "
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Brown

Just as soon as we get a heads up when they ship to Davidsons we will get the word out. O0

Quote from: Warp on March 07, 2013, 05:53:28 PM
Do we know when will they be in stock and available for purchase?

MaverickAR6

"Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel." - Napoleon Hill

dreamerofdreams

"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

markl32

I just shot my first Appleseed in Ramsure on 2/23 with the same exact setup.  Its not the LRT version but its the same Marlin 795 with Tech sights and sling.  The rifle ran like a champ.  Sadly I missed the patch by only a few points, but it certainly was not the rifle's fault. 

I am very happy to see manufacture support for the Appleseed project. 

And many thanks to the volunteers who ran the Ramsure event.  I loved it.  Sadman inspired me with his strike of the match speech. 

Brown

Way to go everyone. Thanks for posting back here. great job spreading the word!

hawkhavn

Dashed a note off to the Instapundit!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Pain Killer

Janir

The WI Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed has its post up on the new LTR!

Quote from: dragonfly on March 04, 2013, 08:03:04 PM
I know I can't wait to get my Marlin Appleseed LTR. Added my name to the list at Gallery of guns to be notified when they are available.

The 795 has always been on my list as a favorite Riflemans rifle. Probably top 5 all time, and Marlin has made it even better. Out of the box  Appleseed ready.

I know its kind of hard to review a rifle before its in hand, but let us know what you think and post a link to forum discussion's you have started, read and posted on.

Thanks,
D-fly Keeping the Faith

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Pitmaster

Quote from: MaverickAR6 on March 07, 2013, 06:29:43 PM
I've put it up on AR15.com here.....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1452138_Marlin_Firearms_and_Appleseed_team_up_to_present_the_Marlin_795_LTR__Liberty_Training_Rifle_____.html

Great job and awesome kit guys!
Mike

The thread has been locked.
I think the AS supporters got a tad too defensive too quick. Its tough to control our exuberance at times.   The redemption is it got locked so quick its buried back on page 10 by now. Maybe over the weekend another member can try again.

I don't hang out there. Its a little large and wild for my taste.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

brianf31

"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

Roland

Quote from: Pitmaster on March 08, 2013, 01:47:22 AM
Quote from: MaverickAR6 on March 07, 2013, 06:29:43 PM
I've put it up on AR15.com here.....

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1452138_Marlin_Firearms_and_Appleseed_team_up_to_present_the_Marlin_795_LTR__Liberty_Training_Rifle_____.html

Great job and awesome kit guys!
Mike

The thread has been locked.
I think the AS supporters got a tad too defensive too quick. Its tough to control our exuberance at times.   The redemption is it got locked so quick its buried back on page 10 by now. Maybe over the weekend another member can try again.

I don't hang out there. Its a little large and wild for my taste.

Ahem...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_11/394158_Marlin_Appleseed_LTR.html

In the actual technical forum it's still going strong with pretty much all positive comments.
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

Regulator

Maybe its an operator head space problem, but I can't even find the thing at Gallery of Guns :wb:
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Regulator

RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

Rattlehead

Quote from: Pain Killer on March 04, 2013, 08:24:03 PM
Their standard trigger is nice, crisp.

Interesting... mine's a friggin 3-stage trigger.  It's never been a problem or even a point of frustration; I do like my 795, but I wouldn't call the trigger a selling point.

If yours performs well, then cool. O0

Rocket Man

Wouldn't want the trigger to be too good anyway...  goes against the whole "4 MOA with a rack grade rifle" concept.   >:D

795's are certainly good enough out of the box.  Not awesome, but hey, it's a beater rifle.  It's not designed to be awesome. 

You can always go look at DI Products if you want to soup it up later... 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Charles McKinley

Its fun out shooting the $2000 race gun with a near stock rig!  ;D

This is almost as bad as Christmas but not knowing when it is going to come.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery