News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur 23-24 2013

Started by adamsod, February 28, 2013, 11:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamsod

Another great Appleseed weekend at Ramseur.  Saturday morning greeted us with 16 eager students who were not deterred by the cold and rainy weather (no sunshine patriots here).  After the introduction and safety briefing we were off and running with redcoats to see where we were at.  Despite the fact that a majority of the students had not been to an Appleseed before we had some pretty good results to work with.  Breaking up marksmanship instruction with the real story of April 19th was welcomed by all.  As the day wore on and the instruction sank in we had some really good looking targets starting to appear.  We had one new rifleman on Saturday way to go Brian!.
Sunday comes around and the weather is much better,  and 11 students returned to fine tune and polish what they learned yesterday.  At Ramseur we cannot shoot until noon on Sunday so in the AM we were treated to a clinic on what Patton called "The greatest battle implement ever devised".  While the M1 Garand clinic was going on inside, we had a 10/22 clinic going on outside.  We then moved up to range one and learned a little bit about some of the techniques and challenges faced when taking the skills learned at 25 meters and applying them to distance.  We even had a fun little target detection / identification exercise using one of our IITs in a ghillie suite.  After a short break is was time to get the line fired up and get into some AQTs.  As the day progress we had one new rifleman good shooting Gary.   Persistence, think we have heard that word before...and it pays off.  The final AQT of the day produced one more rifleman, and one riflewoman.  Way to keep at it Michael and Linda (oh and Linda, nice looking orange hat you have there).  At the end of the day we got to hear some closing remarks from our very own Fred, that is always a treat.
I want to thank all of the students for coming out spending their weekend with us to learn about our heritage, and improve on their marksmanship skills. I also want to thank the Ramseur instructor crew for volunteering and putting on a fun safe event as usual.

If you have any pictures postem up, I have some to add as soon as I get them off my phone.
Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free

Pain Killer

Linda way to go, the Orange Hat looks awesome on you. Michael and Gary congratulations, I hope to put Orange Hats on you in Charlote on April 20! I enjoyed spending the weekend with everyone, a great bunch of Americans!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

LindaLou

Thank you for your kind words and your expert instruction.  This was my fourth Appleseed, but my first without my son, and I was really thankful for the opportunity to work on my own shooting.  Now that I have my orange hat and my Rifleman patch, I'm hoping my son realizes he he has two more reasons to listen to me.  Thank you to everyone who came out in the cold and damp to teach, learn, and run the range.

markl32

I was in attendance on Saturday as well.  Thanks to all for a great time.  I have "Paul Revere's  Ride" waiting for me at home from the library! 

I especially liked Sadman's part of the three stikes of the match presentation.  Excellent.  Also thought that match was fast paced while never sacrificing safety, and very well run by the match director. 

Knowing Brian earned the Patch and I did not...  We'll I guess I'll have to try again soon.   :)

scuzzy

Man, sounds good. I sure do want to get out to Ramseur at least once in my life.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

George Hacker

Quote from: scuzzy on March 07, 2013, 08:20:00 PM
Man, sounds good. I sure do want to get out to Ramseur at least once in my life.

When you decide to make the trip, let me know and I will see if I can join you.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Pain Killer

There is an RBC in August in Ramseur. I think you two should make it a done deal right now!! PHenry will be the Shoot Boss.

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Sadman

Thanks for the compliment Mark!  I love the first strike (and the second and the third).  I hope you are able to come back and join us again!  One of the things I like is that every instructor has a different flavor of the story in the way they tell it.  It makes my day when someone like you pays us a compliment!

Thanks again!

Sadman