News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, Feb 23-24 2013

Started by dart67eb, February 25, 2013, 01:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

I just started this thread so I can post the pics. 
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

hornet41

We had 6 patriotic Americans leave their couch's to engage in learning marksmanship and hearing about our history and heritage! The range had rain the day before and was somewhat muddy Saturday. The morning started off cold with a stiff north wind, which by the way helped dry the ground. Afternoon was pleasant. Sunday the wind died down a bit which was a relief. The ground dried out and we had the infamous Como talcum powder dust!! In spite of the weather all were eager to get to it!!
After introductions, Peter Raves (dart67's young son) accepted an orange hat. He has shot Rifleman several times and attended numerous shoots. All he was waiting on was being old enough to take a hat!! Welcome Pete!!
Jeff had a red dot optic on his rifle and it kept dying on him. This was quite frustrating and he brought a scoped .22 Sunday and shot a 208!! Allysion shot a 209!! These were the high scores for the shoot. Just couldn't drag them over the line!!!! Katja, Jeff's daughter, showed true grit by sticking with it and her scores improved through the weekend. Sunday she was awarded a Luther Blanchard patch!! Reed and brad could not make it for Sunday. They improved through the day Saturday and I hope to see them at the next shoot. Dart67 took Wes and mudtrucks to the long distance range where they were able to shoot out to 600!! Those come ups really do work!! Wes had a rather unusual problem with his AR15. He shoots left handed and the ejected brass missed the deflector and was hitting him in the right cheek!!! He was actually cut a few times and wore a bandage to protect his cheek. He needs to get that rifle checked out because it shouldn't be doing that!! The instructors; Dart67, mudtrunks and Pete did a great job!! Now, we gotta get a forum name for Pete!!!
Everyone agreed they learned something and had a great time. Our duty photographer dart67 did a great job capturing the action!!

dond

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

JeffCA

Thanks for the great time!  The efforts of hornet41, dart67eb and Pete were much appreciated!  As we were leaving my daughter asked:  "can we come to the next one too?"  Music to my ears!  A Rifleman persists!
JeffCA
Μολὼν λαβέ

MR. A-TEAM

I had an awesome time good job instructing hornet 41  ;D   :DH:  :DH:  :DH:  :DH: