News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Brazil, IN FEB 23-24, 2013

Started by hawkhavn, February 24, 2013, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Placeholder, go ahead and put in comments, pecw to follow.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

brianheeter

It started out cold both mornings but the sky was clear, the winds were calm and Don Brannan of ProTEQ had built a fire for us.  The Johnson Volunteer Fire Department provided hot coffee and hot chocolate along with danishes.  Not a bad start!

Two of our shooters were unable to attend due to the ravages of the flu bug but Avery, Ben and Caleb made it out for both days and learned that slings are not just for carrying rifles and that Paul Revere didn't yell, "The British Are Coming!"  Steady Hold Factors for field shooting positions and Natural Point of Aim were also taught and put into practice.

ProTEQ offers the capacity to shoot well past 100 yards for the KD portion but we stuck to 100 yards and range steel with 22s and Avery's AK.  Nothing like making steel pay for having the misfortune of being made into a target!  One piece of steel was hit hard enough to cause the stand to topple while another got wrapped around the cross bar.  Sweeeeet!

A hot lunch of chili, hot dogs, chips and soda was provided both days by the Johnson Volunteer Fire Department.  Nothing like hot food on a cold day to keep you going.

Thanks to our shooters, ProTEQ Firearms Academy and Johnson VFD for making the inaugural Appleseed shoot in Brazil, Indiana, a success!

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

philagothon

I learned a few things this weekend.
1. Just because it's Brazil doesn't mean you should run around in a bikini.
2. The hospitality of ProTEQ and the VFD is unbeatable.
3. I like 30* more than 34*.

I also just realized that you guys were on the line in alphabetical oder, haha.  Avery, Ben, and Caleb it was great working with you guys.  I'm sorry the gals couldn't make it out and I hope Hannah gets to feeling better soon.  It's always fun when someone tells us on Sunday that they were teaching their family IMC Saturday evening.  Caleb, let us know how you do in the 4H airgun competition. I think you have what it takes to win.

I look forward to seeing all of you again in June and hope you bring a truckload of friends, we've got history, patches, and hats to share!