News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA February 23-24, 2013

Started by George Hacker, February 24, 2013, 03:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

As I drove to the range this morning, snow fell and dusted the ground (and my gear).  Later we had downpours of rain beat upon our canopies and shooting mats.  Throw a little wind into the mix and at the end of the day the sun peeked out.  Although the weather was all over the map at Wolverton Mountain Gun Club in Ariel, Washington today, the students were all of one mind - focused on learning the basics of rifle marksmanship and about the birth of our country on April 19, 1775.

The three strikes were told.  Fires were kindled in both the wood stove and in the hearts of modern-day patriots.  Although shooters were soaked, they were very teachable and didn't complain one bit.  No riflemen on Saturday, but we will see what Sunday brings.  There were a couple shooters knocking at the door of earning the coveted rifleman's patch.

Earl, it is great having you back in the instructor rotation.  RL, nice to see you get some trigger time and share about the Bloody British Butchery.  Kenjo and Kimber Custom, you are both doing a great job running your respective firing lines.  Theophilus and Paulw, always a pleasure to work with you two.  Joni, thanks for helping with the administration.  Flipper and Mherriford, good to have a couple new orange hats learning how to clear the line and get started as line bosses.

Please stay tuned for more updates to come.  Shooters, please share your experiences.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Kimber Custom

I sure had a good time this weekend  ^:)^ Great group of shooters  O0

And my personal favorite

Earl

Nice to be able to do a two day Appleseed with other fine instructors. Should have less problem every time. Pictures taken, names forgotten... but not the smiles nor the improvements. See y'all on the trail.http://youtu.be/hfwj7EB6T0U
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Flipper

This weekend was so much fun. I was very happy that Earl was there. I had a lot of fun for it only being my first shoot as an instructer. I can't wait to get back out there and do another shoot. ^:)^

I will say one thing that the weather in the north west can change in less than 10min. When we got there it was snowing sometimes it was drizzling others it was pouring. At one point we had clear sky's and sun but it didn't last long. But all the shooters put up with the bad weather so great job. :)

Red Alder Ranch

Flipper, you were great. Thanks to all!

Mark W.

Red Alder Ranch

If I ended up with any good pictures, I'll post them here.

Joni

Congratulations to all the new riflemen! Very much enjoyed our 2 new orange hats! Here are the pics I took, please take any of them you want.

https://picasaweb.google.com/GretaStuff/February262013ArialWA?authkey=Gv1sRgCNTe76DRxrfQFA

Ceasefire

Thanks for such a memorable weekend, hats off to the staff for teaching us so much! 

George Hacker

Congratulations to our five new riflemen:  Al W, David R, John W, Mark W, and Noah C.  Well done, all of you! O0

We had several others knocking at the door.  Once you recover from being sore and stiff, dry practice in the comfort of your own home.  Practice your transitions and become so familiar with your rifle that you can operate it efficiently by feel without having to look.

Shooters, it was an honor to spend the weekend with you.  You are a fine group of patriots and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Audrey

Whoa! That map looks great! Who's is it?

Grats to the Jr. Instructor; looks like she and Dad make a great teaching duo. (:

IC2(SS)19Z50C5

WOW!!!.. Great Pictures!!!.. Bravo Zulu to all those who took part in another great Appleseed Training Event Weekend...

"Hits Count"
Life Member of:
NRA, WSR&P Assc, MMA, USSVI, VFW, EANGUS & V.H.A.
Member of AL, Associate Member of U.S.SubVets of WWII,
Tin Can Sailors.org, and an Associate member of the 4th ID Association